Click to download – Grant Application
Download Grant Request Instructions – Grant Instructions
Download Grant Status – Donations Grants given
GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (GAA)
EDUCATION ENRICHMENT GRANTS PROGRAM
We are pleased to announce Galileo Alumni Association GAA education enrichment grants program. The Galileo Alumni Association GAA provides grants, generated from contributions and fundraising projects, to fund projects that enhance the education of our students. GAA Grants Committee will review applications and make recommendations for review and approval by the GAA.
To reduce paper, grant applications will be publicized and distributed to teachers/staff via email to department heads and teachers. Electronic copies are available on the Galileo Alumni Association GAA website at http://galileoweb.org/alumni/ . The list of grants awarded is also available on the website.
Please address completed applications to the Galileo Alumni Association Grants Committee and return them by email to: email@example.com no later than the due date specified below. If you have any questions, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note addressed to the GAA Grants Committee in the GAA mailbox located in Galileo’s Main Office.
Applications Available on the GAA http://galileoweb.org/alumni/
DEADLINE: Applications are now being accepted on an ongoing basis. Please put a hard copy in the GAA mailbox AND email a copy to email@example.com with Grant Request in subject line.
- Applications will be reviewed by GAA Grants Committee and GAA executive board.
- Grants will be presented at the next scheduled GAA meeting
- Grant award letters distributed within 2-weeks after approval
GAA Grant Funding Guidelines and Instructions:
- Grants are made for projects, equipment or supplies not traditionally funded by the school district.
- Faculty members must have their applications signed by their department chair.
- Student program requests must be approved by a faculty sponsor or the Principal before they are submitted to the Grants Committee for review.
- Department chairs, staff and administrators must have their applications signed by the Principal.
- All projects funded by GAA grants should afford access to all students regardless of ability to pay, in compliance with all laws governing disabled access, and provide proper adult supervision.
- In accordance with SFUSD policy, grants cannot be provided to change the facilities structure or provide transportation funds.
- Eligibility for grant requests: Applicant must be a current Galileo Academy of Science and Technology teacher.
- Generally maximum Grant Amount: is $500.00. Grants greater than $500 will be considered for projects/requests which benefit the whole school.
- Application must be typed and submitted electronically to the Grants Committee Chair at the above email address. This will expedite the review process.
- Budget: Please provide breakdown of what’s being requested. Include additional page to application form, if needed. At conclusion of project, applicant must submit to GAA receipts to verify grant expenditures.
- Printout your completed application, have it signed according to the instructions, and put it in the GAA mailbox in the Main Office, Attn: GAA – Grants Committee.