4/11/2012 Meeting Minutes
SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Galileo Academy of Science and Technology
1150 Francisco Street, San Francisco, CA 94109
Room 210 at 3:30 P.M.
Location and Time of Meeting
School Site Council Meeting-April 11, 2012
X Agenda Attached
X Attendance/sign-in attached
Present: Marcus Blacksher, Stan DeBella, Doug Page, Jonathan Ring, Woodraw Smith, Patrick Delaney, Claire Siegel, Jacky Chau, Nancy Lambert-Campbell, Karin Lau, Katie Pringle
Absent (Excused): Mele Lau-Smith, Nicole Torres, Clarissa Lee, Anna Mai
X Minutes of the previous meeting approved
Decision Made/Issues Reviewed
I. Call to Order
– J. Ring called the meeting to order at 3:36 pm. There were eight elected members present; a quorum was established. Introductions went around the room.
II. Approval of 3/14/2012 and 3/21/2012 Meeting Minutes
– S. DeBella moved to approve both of the meeting minutes with the following corrections to the 3/21/2012 meeting minutes. The first correction: from this original statement – iii. Why does Galileo have 7.4% cuts to its budget when the District has millions in reserve? S. DeBella and P. Delaney would try to report back to the site council with an answer at the next meeting.” to “S. DeBella and P. Delaney brought attention to this issue.” The second correction: under Roll Call, add “yes/no” to J. Ring’s name. M. Blacksher seconded and the motion was carried unanimously.
III. Old Business
1. Balanced Score Card Updates
– M. Blacksher distributed copies of the BSC to the site council members. J. Ring asked if it had already been submitted and M. Blacksher affirmed it. P. Delaney proposed that the members take the time to review the document and bring back thoughts to the next meeting.
IV. New Business
1. Revised SY 2012/2013 Preliminary Budget
– The preliminary budget that was submitted on Friday, March 23 was rejected because the school did not allocate 2% of its WSF fund to cover the non-personnel expenses. To meet this stipulation, the admin freed up some WSF fund by substituting a counselor’s FTE with categorical fund-EIA/LEP.
– K. Golata, the ELD department chair, manages the LEP fund. She uses the money to pay teachers extended hours in the tutoring program and to buy technology, software and supplemental materials for the classrooms.
– A member questioned if the number of sections allocated at this point will change. K. Pringle stressed that the sections offered are very fluid. They will change based on student needs and student requests. She also suggested that the council begin planning their priorities if and when the school gets more money in the fall.
S. DeBella moved to adjourn the meeting. P. Delaney seconded and the meeting was adjourned at 4:09 pm.
Minutes taken and prepared by Karin Lau