Digital Citizenship Week!
SFUSD is hosting Digital Citizenship Week this week, starting Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 and ending Friday, April 14th, 2017.
Digital Citizenship is the norm of appropriate and responsible behavior with regard to technology use.
Digital Citizenship Week Schedule at Galileo:
- Tuesday, April 11th: Launch on Galileoweb.org
- Wednesday, April 12th: Activities in Homeroom
- Thursday, April 13th: Activities in Homeroom
- Friday, April 14th: Lunchtime event in Courtyard
If you are a parent who is interested in learning more about how to make sure your student is a responsible digital citizen:
- Use the Connecting Families tool from Common Sense Education
- Check out the Common Sense Education Blog to communicate with other parents, educators, and professionals about digital citizenship and your students
- Search the CSE Family Toolbox for parent links and resources
- Use the CSE Digital Citizenship interactives with your students at home: Digital Passport (K-5), Digital Compass (6-12), and Digital Bytes (9-12)
- Build parent-teacher strategies using these CSE Resources
If you are a Galileo teacher who is interested in completing digital citizenship activities or lessons with your students:
- Adapt these 9-12 Common Sense Education lessons by topic
- Use these CSE Teaching Strategies
- Allow students to play the digital interactives
- Take a whole-community approach by learning more about digital citizenship with CSE professional development
- Browse our shared Google Drive Digital Citizenship folder (Galileo 2016-17 –> Educational Technology –> Digital Citizenship) for digital citizenship lessons, activities, information, and posters