Galileo is taking part in the Hour of Code, a national education event to give 10 million students their first exposure to computer science and programming. A variety of hour-long activities are available to do in class, after school, or at home.
Mr. Tan will be leading Hour of Code workshops after school in room 102:
- Tues, Dec 10th, 3:15-5:00 – Learn how to create your own Mobile Apps
- Wed, Dec 11th, 2:20-4:00 – Program one of our Finch Robots
- Thur, Dec 12th, 2:20-4:00 – Learn to program with Angry Birds & Plants vs. Zombies
- Fri, Dec 13th, 3:15-5:00 – Learn to program in Python
If you don’t get a chance to try an Hour of Code in class or after school, try it at home.
Learn at csedweek.org/learn.
Here are some Hour of Code videos to kick off the week:
- Learn what most schools don’t teach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC5FbmsH4fw
- President Obama calls on every American to learn code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XvmhE1J9PY
- US Secretary of Education supports the Hour of Code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bx0HfjbD6I
- Why Computer Science for Every Child?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsagBkLXtRE