Please see the attached letter from Principal Reimer: Student incident 4.8.2016
If you are NOT currently in AP Chinese class but are interested in taking the AP Chinese exam on May 5th 2016, CLICK HERE. The form will close on February 29th.
If you’re going into 11th or 12th grade you have some interesting options from Galileo’s English Department.
- 10th grade Pre-AP: Ms. Barrett, 460
- 11th grade AP: Ms. Barrett, 460
- 12th grade AP: Ms. Maroun, 462
11th GRADE AMERICAN LITERATURE
You could choose:
- Music as Literature: Ms. Morrison, 462
- Literature with a Disney Twist: Mr. Roman, 256
12th GRADE EUROPEAN LITERATURE
You could choose:
- Literature & the Law: Mr. Kyle, 306
- Food in Literature: Ms. Maroun, 462
- Women in Literature: Ms. Moffett, 413
- Literature & Performance: Ms. Peters, 303
Be part of the Golden State Warriors’ “Not on Our Ground” Campaign by signing their pledge against bullying! In the month of February, students will come around with pledge forms for you to sign.
NOT ON OUR GROUND PLEDGE
“I pledge to stand up to all forms of hate, bigotry and bullying. I will not stay silent in the face of intolerance based on race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, ability or any other factor. I will work together with my neighbors to create safer, more inclusive communities for all.”
WHY TAKE THE PLEDGE?
If you stand up to hate and bullying, you can change someone’s life — maybe even your own. The Pledge is a reminder to SPEAK UP:
- When you see someone being bullied or harassed
- When you hear a bigoted comment or “joke”
- When you see cruel messages on social media
Keep the Pledge to stop bullying and hate in your head and in your heart. Share it with others. It starts with each of us taking a step. If we all stand up together, we can change our school, our workplace, our community, our country. We can change our world.