Leadership/Department Heads Meeting Minutes – January 13, 2015

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

1/13/15

 

Marcus called the meeting to order at 11:25am.

 

Leadership Team Agenda

 

 

I.               CAHSEE

 

Nancy reports we are working as much as we can to do promotion…letter to parents, working on getting information on the web, posted posters around campus, and class meetings with information

–Nancy out a request to prepare students for the exam in departments/classes.

–Ethan asked about athletic matches and practices.  Wrestling will get moved to an away match on Tuesday, Basketball on Wednesday will be ok.  There are concerns about practices Monday – Wednesday.

–Students will be tested will be 10th grade and 12th grade; Nancy will double check on this.

–Nancy stressed that tables have to specifically be set apart by a certain amount of space.

–Labeling students by grade level they have credits for…use counselor or classes to tell what actual year they are in HS

 

II.             Detention

–Nancy reported that Lunch Time Detention started yesterday, overall successful.

A few students didn’t show up, there were calls home, and if they don’t show up today they will be suspended.

–Nurse Kitchell requested hall sweeps on 1st floor Polk Street side regularly.

–Ethan asked about the issue regarding students who don’t show getting suspended.  He made the point that punishment shouldn’t be them not attending school (getting suspended).  Is that an appropriate punishment?

–Nancy said the suspensions are a way to show students that we are serious about lunch detentions.

–Marcus asked what the offense would be because we cannot use “K” for willful defiance anymore.

–David Beauvais spoke about the two types of students this might apply to and how it might work.

–Nurse Kitchell agreed with Ethan that perhaps the punishment doesn’t fit the crime…perhaps an in-school suspension.

–Marcus mentioned that in-school suspension requires a certificated staff member.

–David Beauvais is working to enlist parent support; parent meetings will happen before suspension, and then a meeting with the Principal might be the next step.

–Stephen Jackson was also thinking about in-school suspension but understands the cost issue, and he asked what chronic truant rate at school is.

–Discussion that it’s about 10 students wandering the halls.

–Stephen Jackson mentioned using the small size of the group to tailor interventions to each student.

–Doug asked what were the numbers yesterday?

–Nancy: provided the following: 10 on list, 5 attended, 3 not in 4th period, 2 ignored requests to attend.  Can serve 10-15 students.

–Nurse Kitchell expressed concern about all the names on the walkie-talkies and privacy concerns.  Also, she asked what time are you doing first period because Muni is sometimes the reason.  Lastly, what about feeding them?

–Nancy said: 1st period sweep is at 8:30am.  Cafeteria is brining lunch for all students regardless of free/reduced lunch status.

—David Barrios was attempting to address problem of students arriving to class late.   Lauren agreed.

 

–Alicia thanked Dean’s Office for this.  She knows it takes effort.  Even students knowing about it could make a difference regarding number of tardies.

–Joseph said in his 21st year at Galileo, we have tried lots of different things; he thinks this solution might really work.  Not for the chronic attendance issues but for the slow to class students who still attend and don’t see the urgency in getting to class on time.

–Nancy said that due to all the advertisements, students clearly knew about program.  Hallways were very quiet yesterday.

 

Meeting adjourned.

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting Minutes – January 1, 2015

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

1/6/15

 

Marcus called the meeting to order at 11:20am.  He wished everyone Happy New Year.

 

Leadership Team Agenda

 

I.          SBAC

–Marcus said we have some high stakes testing coming up.  There have been some changes in who is coordinating the testing.

–Lisa is in charge of this one and Nancy will do CLAs.

–We have to do the CST Life Science.  English and Math will fall under the new testing.

 

–Lisa discussed a hypothetical schedule.  She will work with department heads and teachers to iron out the details.  The tests will be given during a regular schedule.  English must be given first and Math will follow.  These are computer tests.  The Life Science test is a paper and pencil test.

–English will go through American Lit classes.  Teachers will monitor their own classes.

–Math will be run in Pre-Calculus or Algebra 2 classes.

–English will start on a Friday, then go to Monday.  Each segment is an hour.  There is a classroom activity that will precede this on a Tuesday. These tests will happen in April to not conflict with AP Testing.  English will be April 10 – 16, then a week break and then Math April 24 – 30.  AP testing starts on May 4th.

–There are accommodations for Sped. Ed and ELL students.  She talked about the accommodations.

–Lisa said the administrators will try out the test and then they will do this activity with the Leadership Team.  She distributed a blue print for the test.

 

II.         CHSEE

–Nancy said this exam will be on Feb. 3rd and 4th.  English will be first, then Math.  It will be a regular bell schedule for both days.  She plans to run the exams in the gyms.  She indicated it will take all 3 gyms.  This test is for 10th graders.  We need attendance and the students to pass the exams.

–We need to use the gyms to be in compliance.  The cafeteria and classrooms are out of compliance.

–Seniors do get the opportunity to take the test as this time.  March testing is for everyone and the May testing is for seniors.

–Nancy asked for ideas to prepare for the tests and get students to come.  She mentioned posters in the halls and G-House TV commercials.  What can we do as teachers to prepare students for the test?

–Michelle discussed talking about how the questions are phrased.  Classroom activities do not often mirror how the questions are phrased.  She said they would do this activity in the “Do Nows.”

–Nancy suggested Test Strategies—like process of elimination on answers.

–Kathleen has test taking strategies in reading and math.  Marcus suggested putting these on a Google doc.

 

–Lisa identified some students who might be a-risk for the Math portion.

–Lauren asked about the 11th and 12th graders who need prep.  How can they get a hold of the Test Prep math book that is in the bookroom?  We can also make a handout of websites to look at for test prep.

–Lisa suggested giving handouts to those students who will be taking the test.

–David suggested putting it on School Loop.

–Marcus said he would go into Social Studies classes to do workshops on what the test is all about.  We have low scores with Latinos and AAs.

 

III.       Detention

–Nancy mentioned the Lunch Time Detention to address the behaviors we noticed during the Fall Semester.  She said they were looking for rooms to hold these sessions.

–Susan asked if they were accepting referrals for detention.  Marcus said there are a handful of students who have no consequences and their parents say, “Don’t call me again.”

–Nancy said many students like to leave campus at lunchtime so this is a good consequence.  It will run daily to start to make the students aware.  She indicated it can only accommodate 10-15 students per day.

–Tardiness and defiance are reasons for getting assigned this detention.  Teachers can send information to the Deans’ Office.

–Dave said teachers should put on a referral any interventions they have taken.

–Lauren said we should check on legitimate absences for illnesses before assigning detention.

–Susan said there are times when CPS can help with this.  If the parents do not care, that is Educational Neglect.  Marcus said we will handle each student on an individual basis.

–Doug asked about the directive to not mark suspended students absent.  That is handled with the suspension when it is entered into Synergy.

 

IV.        Staff Changes

–New staff—Amy Barrios is .6 in English and ELD, Ryan Welch joined us as the College and Career teacher; Bob Novota will teach College & Career during the Band Period.  Hopefully we will return Band in the Fall.

 

V.         Enrollment

–We are up 10 students to 1916.  We will have 40 Newcomers arriving over the semester.

 

 

VI.        Course Changes

–They will take place over the week.

 

VII.      Master Schedule

–Stephen mentioned the classes that were added, and they are mostly completed.

Some balancing still needs to take place.  We added an American Lit class and a European Lit class for 9th graders.  We also added 2 ELD classes and an Econ class.

–David asked when there would be classroom visits.  Stephen said there is a new training for next year and will have a better idea after the training.

 

VIII.     UBC Agreements

–Marcus said the biggest concern is for student safety after school.  Some students are here as late as 10PM.  We will shut the building down at 6:00pm starting next Monday.  Everyone must leave.  We will have to be open for meetings.  The Bay Street Gate will be closed and locked at 4:30pm.

 

–Parking is a serious issue.  We will call DPT if cars are blocking someone in owners will get a ticket.  Susan Kitchell is drafting a letter.  Most of the offenders are chronic offenders.  Once DPT comes they will give tickets to anyone parked illegally.  Susan mentioned alternatives to blocking and where to park.

–Ethan mentioned painting something on the ground to warn parkers.

 

–Sub Days should come from department budgets or from colleague coverage.  These days the administrators have cannot be used for field trips for clubs, only classes.

 

IX.        Miscellaneous

 

–Lisa mentioned evaluations and short forms.  Anyone with Satisfactory or above in the last 6 years is eligible for the short form.

 

Meeting adjourned at 12:00 noon.

 

Leadership Team/Department Head Meeting Minutes – December 9, 2014

LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING

Galileo Academy of Science and Technology

December 9th 2014

 

I.            Spring Semester 2015 Opening Day Procedure

 

–Stephen Emmi told the group: Everyone will go to 1st period from this semester, will hand out schedules, will ring bell, then students will go to new 1st period as needed.  All schedule changes need to be submitted through Department Heads by Friday, December 12th, 8am

–Joseph asked how many schedule changes there are? Stephen Emmi clarifies there are a small number of changes, mainly from math and ELD.

 

II.            Course Registration got 2015=2016

–Stephen Emmi told the group that  ideally this will happen 2 weeks in March, and we will have better idea by late January, after training he a and Lisa will go to.

 

III            SBAC

–Nancy told the group she is working with IT planning for it, including the right number of computers.  The time window starts right after Spring Break, and we need to finish before AP Exams begin.  Ideally we will have plan before we leave for break.  Plan is to test through classes for students.

–Kathleen asked what are exemptions for ELs?  Stephen replied with a year or less.

–Doug asked if the tests take longer than a class period.  Stephen and Nancy replied the time is 5-6 hours with an hour or so of prep, and then 4 hours of testing

–Doug asked if students take both the Math and English on the same day?  The answer is: Yes

–Michelle Moffett asked what will this look like? Nancy said resources on AAO for practice, time to practice for classes.

–Marcus mentioned his Stanford PD from Friday, content not that different from CST but computer skills are different especially for math and will need practice.

We went out in hallway for icebreakers that Marcus learned at Stanford PD…1st half of day is something serious and 2nd half is something fun…What’s the point?

Empathy for students struggling, clear directions, ok to be wrong, be happy about it and move on.

 

–Lauren asked about Graduation Practice.  Last year, we did it after school on block days, closer to time of graduation, mindful of AP calendar

–Doug suggested we talk to other schools?  We are talking with Washington.

–Alicia asked who will read names at graduation.

 

–Stephen Emmi explained the 1st 2 hours is computer based, then a performance assessment that needs 1.5 hours in-between, then performance assessment on computer.  Lisa will send out a link with released test questions to everyone.

 

IV.            New Teacher

 

–Lisa told the group about our new teacher, Ryan Welch, who teaches 5 sections of C&C in Room 310, please welcome him!

 

V.            Evaluations and Informal Observations

–Marcus said we are behind on formal observations, most will happen in the Spring.   He said he and UBC came to agreement that teachers can request the short form if they got Highly Satisfactory or above on their last evaluation.  The teacher does need to request it of their evaluator.  Informal observations will continue to occur.

 

VI.            AP Balancing

 

–Marcus brought up VAPA lacks AP courses…what are we doing about that but also what are we doing for students on the other end of the academic spectrum?   He gave example of an Urban Art class that addresses graffiti, murals, social justice, spoken word, etc.

 

VII.            Advisory Feedback

 

–Feedback from Washington and Lincoln read aloud.

 

VIII.            Miscellaneous

 

–Kathleen asked sbout low-end classes…newcomer classes for math especially for SIFE students. Doug responded that we are not allowed to teach anything lower than Algebra. Stephen Emmi mentioned Sprout funding possibility for 7th period.

 

–Susan encouraged the group to read the article Marcus handed out…discussed that many private schools are cheaper than public school at this point and that students don’t know this.  She also talked about common application, Lauren mentioned the culture change across the high school students and said there are more and more common applications each year but definitely a slow change.   She suggested that maybe College &Career teachers could expose students to the common application.  Doug mentioned density of colleges on the east coast, regional diversity, etc.  Lisa mentioned it would be good to create a list of colleges that accept common application, scholarships/graduated tuition, etc. for students to use.

–Alicia said we need to revisit college process for students, and used an example of Latino seniors with lack of SAT, applications, etc. and it wasn’t actually that hard to coordinate. It was great to see them as a community helping each other. We need to start in Junior Year with those efforts.

–Susan said we need to encourage ACT as well as SAT, and she mentioned that some private schools even offer airfare.

 

–David asked about incoming NX students for Spring Semester 15…they will be coming in from Day 1 throughout the semester.  Stephen Emmi will work with teachers of sheltered classes to move students up as appropriate.  Kathleen encouraged math and science teachers to attend the NX CPT meetings.

 

–Bai reminded everyone that next Wednesday there is a PTSA meeting at 5:30pm in the Cafeteria and financial aid workshops.

 

Marcus closed the meeting celebrations and thanks for the semester.

 

Meeting adjourned 12:15pm.

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting Minutes – December 2, 2014

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

12/2/14

 

Lisa called the meeting to order at 11:25am.

 

Leadership Team Agenda

 

I.          Spring Semester Opening Day Logistics

–Mat asked if we are using the same plan and bell schedule and schedule distribution as the Fall Semester.

–Stephen Emmi will let everyone know before Winter Break.

–Doug asked about schedule changes for students.  Stephen said he would have to do the changes over Winter Break.  Stephen Emmi will have more information in a week or so.

 

II.         Second Semester Dates

–Michelle asked about a block day on Wednesday, February 18th.  Lisa said it will be a regular 1 – 6 period schedule.  We will be in school on Monday, February 16th.  We will observe the holiday on Friday, February 19th.

 

–Vote taken on which schedule to follow–Three 6 period days that week.  We must get approval from SFUSD transportation.

 

–Michelle would like to talk about the testing schedules for the Spring semester.  SBAC is the new STAR Testing—for 11th graders, English and Math, and there is a 6-8 week testing window.  EAP will also be given.  These are computer based.  There is still a “No Child Left Behind” science test that is paper and pencil.  This will go through the Chemistry classes.

 

–Michelle asked about the on-site CCSF testing.  This will be in mid-February.  There are 2 dates—one for placement testing and one for advising.  Students are pulled from classes to take the tests.

–Doug said these activities are important to the students.  If students place too low, they start classes at a low level and have a harder time succeeding at CCSF.

 

III.       Attendance Procedures – Not User Friendly

–Lauren talked about marking the student absent when on a field trip.  Parents get the auto-dialer call and then panic to know if their students are really on the field trip.  These also generate truancy letters.  3 absences generate a truancy letter.  Most of these calls went to homes of good students.

 

–Lisa suggested teachers taking students on field trips give Vera a list of students attending the field trip.  When the teacher returns, give Vera the names of those who were absent and did not attend.

–Alan suggested that there be a firm date for students to turn in the permission slips for field trips.

–Discussion followed as to what happens to attendance for students who could not go on the field trip.

 

–Michelle Moffett asked about students who are gone for sporting events.  How should they be marked?  Lisa said she would look into that.

–Joseph felt we should have the same policy for field trips and sporting events.

 

–Michelle asked about attendance issues for students taking PSAT, CAHSEE, etc.

She asked if there was a scanning function that could be used with student ID cards for those testing.

 

–Joseph mentioned sometimes he can go to his class on the computer but cannot see the attendance window.

 

IV.        Homeroom Discussion

–Lisa reminded the group that we want to continue this discussion.  We are looking at functions of homeroom in the past, plans for the future and what other schools do.  Lisa distributed a list from past meetings.

 

Lisa asked if we missed anything in Functions.  Lauren asked about the “homey” part and Lisa said it would be under Community Building.

–Alicia said not all teachers let students eat during homeroom.

–Kathleen felt all forms should be listed under School-wide Distributions.

 

–Stephen Emmi mentioned that some teachers let students leave to get food.  Now with no homeroom there are fewer students leaving the building.

 

Lisa asked for Department Share Out—Michelle said English is all for homeroom—too many business items are now put in the English Dept.  They felt it would be good to have Homeroom separate from G-House TV.  If G-House is in homeroom, then more variety would help—2 programs, one for each day, to keep students engaged.  Her department felt there should be more hallway presence to keep students in HR.

 

–Doug said his teachers asked the real purpose of HR.  What would the benefits be?  His teachers said it would be meaningful if they could do a curriculum.  His department asked how many are really watching G-House TV, particularly on the second day.

–Lauren said the Counseling Office is for homeroom.

–World Language—Alicia said her department talked about taking attendance.  Her department was split 50-50.

–Mat said in Social Studies—7 do not want it, 4 do.  Those in favor talk about community; some do not miss it at all.

–Kathleen said her department thinks about relaxing with the kids, a no stress time.  She also asked about the “no hat” rule.  She mentioned consequences for being late to homeroom.  Also the students could watch G-House TV.

–Wellness prefers it—they can pull out students during this time.  She did mention some drop-in students who go to Wellness so they don’t have to go to homeroom.

Susan said there should be consequences for not attending homeroom.

–PE is unanimously for HR. This way they can see G-House TV one day.

 

 

–VAPA—Joseph said they were all for homeroom.  Mr. Machtay would prefer the broadcast at the beginning of the period.  It is a challenge for him to get it all together at the end of the period.  He also said Mr. Machtay would have a challenge to do two separate programs each week.  Susan offered Wellness videos she could provide.  Doug mentioned his students doing surveys and one is about homeroom.  That information will be forthcoming.

–Lisa said the next step would be to contact other schools to see how they handle these issues.

 

V.         Shadowing a Student

–Lisa distributed an article about a teacher who shadowed students for several days.  She asked everyone to read the article.

–Kathleen offered that we are doing the same thing we have been doing for centuries.

–Susan thought starting at 8:00am was not conducive to teenagers.

–Alicia talked about the difference from private schools and public schools.  She felt there was more movement in the private schools.

–Bai told of a student shadowing today and the student left early as he felt that Galileo was not a good fit for him.  He was not allowed to ask “why” questions.  Not much engagement here as at his private school.

–Doug talked about his son’s experiences in private school versus college.  His son had to get used to how to do lectures in college.

–Susan mentioned a private school that had casters on the chairs so the kids could move.

–Mark B talked about riding the bus to school and he observes students on the bus.  He felts some of the students did not sleep enough the night before.

 

VI.        Miscellaneous

–Lisa and Marcus are offering a sub day for Department Heads to observe your teachers.

—Michelle F. said there will be some relaxing activities during finals.

–Michelle M. requested that this does not start before the bell rings for the break.

–Doug mentioned his students and their surveys.  Please allow these students to do the surveys.

Meeting adjourned at 12:20pm.

Leadership Team/Department Head Meeting Minutes – November 21, 2014

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

11/21/14

 

 

Marcus called the meeting to order at 11:20am.

 

I.          ELAC

–Meeting on Dec. 4th at 5:30pm.  Please encourage your students and their parents to attend.

 

II.         “The Substitutes” Lyrics

–Joseph passed around some lyrics for a song he would like the group to sing at the Winter Concert.  He asked for feedback.  He described the song and then he played the song.

 

III.       Please Be Nice

–Lauren is speaking on behalf of the Counseling Office.  She mentioned persons who have been verbally yelled at.  She mentioned parents, students and teachers.  She reminded everyone about how to treat co-workers.  Some of these incidents have happened in front of large groups of students.  Please be professional.  Keep the lines of communication open and be courteous.

–Marcus mentioned this is Board Policy 4600.  Offenders can be written up.

 

IV.        College Acceptances Rescinded

–Lauren learned this at a CSU conference.  College Admission Representatives said there are changes in acceptances based on senior year grades.  Getting a D or an F in any class for the senior year can rescind their acceptance in the UC system.

–Mr. Emmi asked the Math and English Chairs about this situation.  Doug said there are some students that do not do the work to be successful, who ask to drop the hard courses.

–Michelle M. described how the English Department assigned courses.

–Joseph thought perhaps we should revisit the process for dropping classes.

 

V.         Student Teacher Logistics

–Mat wanted to know if student teachers will get Galileo web accounts.  The answer is Yes, and they should see Lisa.

–Mat asked about their personal computers—will they be able to input attendance online?  They will have to use the master teacher’s password.  They will do it on paper and the Master Teacher will input the attendance.

 

VI.        Attendance Process and Confusion

–Doug said there are confusion issues with parents, students and teachers.  What are the procedures for obtaining readmit slips, etc.?

–Mr. Emmi said Bai should have posted the process on the website.

–Some students do not get their readmits right away. Flor does the one-day absence readmit and multi-days go through Connie.

–Marcus suggested reading the process on G-House TV.  It can also be posted in each classroom.

 

 

 

VII.      Persistent Classroom Problems

–Doug talked about 353 and the phone not working, room 156 does not get cable, some rooms do not get wifi, etc.

 

VIII.     Doubling Up

–Doug mentioned next year when the math sequence goes from Algebra, Geometry, etc.  He explained the problem of getting students to the AP level classes.  30% of our students did well on the AP tests.  District wide it is only 3%.  He explained some possibilities.

–Marcus said he heard that Lowell and Washington are not going to follow the new guidelines.

–Marcus asked about teaching Geometry in the summer.  Doug responded that 36 weeks of course is hard to do well in 5 weeks and then hiring reliable teachers could be a problem.

–Mr. Emmi mentioned that students must do their PE in 9th and 10th grade.

–David suggested one class for 5 weeks that is done in both periods in summer school.

–Bai asked about 8th graders taking Algebra.  Now they are taking a different math course.  Doug said the 8th graders are taking Math 8.

–Marcus said our enrollment is 1915 and we are budgeted at 1988.  We need the 44 newcomers.

–Joseph mentioned a 7 period day within the time frame we have now.  This will work for more elective offerings.

 

IX.        GPA Discussion

–Marcus distributed some information on work on the GPA issue.  He showed a report card of a student with all A’s and 1 F.  Then he explained the data that went with the report card.  Discussion followed on the grading process

–Alan mentioned that it is important to communicate with the students about grading, points, etc.

–Marcus asked the members to continue this discussion in their departments.

–Marcus mentioned working on student strengths.

 

X.         Pot Luck 11/25/14

–Discussion on what to bring and who can come.

–Michelle M. suggested having one at the end of the semester.

–Joseph is bring fruit salad, Lauren will bring a garlic noodle dish, Doug will bring pasta salad, David will bring drinks, Marc will bring lumpia, Stephen J. will bring chips and dip, Ethan will bring an appetizer, Alicia will bring dessert, Mat will bring salad.  About 12 people will attend.

 

XI.        Miscellaneous

–Ethan mentioned that PE  is doing an ethnic dance unit and the Muslim girls cannot dance with boys.  This is a difficult situation.  Once the other students see the Muslim girls are not participating the other students come up with excuses for not dancing.

 

–Let Doug know if you have questions you want his students to survey—students, teachers, staff, etc.

 

Meeting adjourned at 12:15pm.

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting Minutes – November 14, 2014

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

11/14/14

 

 

Marcus called the meeting to order at 11:25am.

–Marcus mentioned our relationship with Google.  The first commitment is to redo our Wi-Fi.  They will also do an after school program once a week for an hour and a half for 8 weeks.  That will happen 4 times on 4 different topics.  They will pay a teacher 3 extended hours per week.  These will be tech subjects.  Ms. DeGele is the liaison.  Ms. Su will teach the first class.  Google CS is the name.

 

–We have Williams Sonoma with the Circle the Schools program.  Marcus talked about the meeting and said this will be a long-term lasting relationship.  Many of their young associates want to work with our students.

–Our first request is teacher support and morale.  We asked for upgrades on the teacher bathrooms and 257.  We have asked for instruction for teachers in yoga, Pilates, cooking, etc.  We asked for a rooftop lounge.  They also talked about volunteer activities, student mentoring.

–They talked about their activities and some things we might attend.

 

I.          Field Trip Budget Allocations

–Marcus asked who has gone on a field trip so far.  He asked Joseph Taylor to tell about his experience.  He mentioned that he took just his own students and described the field trip process—putting in on the calendar, get parent to sign the document, make arrangements for those students not attending, and then turn in packet to Linda Wade

–Michelle talked about the Health Academy picnic just recently and talked about sub coverage for Lillian Giles afternoon classes.  This came from their funding.  There was also a permit field for use of the facility.

 

–Marcus said the UBC wanted to know about coverage.  For all day field trips a teacher should not have to use their own personal days.  Marcus said in the future department heads must put money in their budgets for field trips.  There will be some funding in the administrator’s funds.

–A sub costs $205.00 per day.

–Joseph said if   a teacher uses a personal day for a field trip and gets injured, they will not be able to collect worker’s comp.

–Michelle felt that department members must get permission for the field trip prior   to requesting funding.  She would like to have protocols and deadlines in place.

–What happens when a teacher is sponsoring club from a different department?  Does the department head have to cover for the field trip?

–Joseph suggested for club field trips the club should raise the funds for the sub.

 

II.         Internet & Social Media Training for Students

–Michelle asked for desires from the group.

–Alicia talked about an activity she had in the AP Spanish class.  Her students were on social media an average of 6 hours for a 24-hour day.

–Kathleen said they learned that employers can go right into a Face Book account, etc.

–Michelle M. asked if we want this training this school year?

–Michelle F. asked if members wanted this in a big presentation, assembly ,etc.  It was suggested to include this with the Day of Code.  G-House and posters were also suggested.  Lisa said we might do this in the bathroom stalls with posters.  There is also a component in the College & Career classes.

–Michelle F. will discuss this with her staff and bring back some ideas.

 

III.       G-House TV

–Lisa did a viewing of this week’s attendance.  3rd and 4th floors had 7 classrooms not showing the program.  1st and 2nd floor had 6 classrooms not showing.  Some needed technical support.  She also said in some classrooms instruction was going on and some students were taking tests.  Other classes do not have the extra time.  The program should be shown both days, as some students (in PE) do not see in on one of the days.

–Bai asked if all students could hear the program.  She responded that this varies.  Some TVs do not turn up to a loud volume.

 

IV.        Language Objectives & Learning Goals

–Marcus said the admin team does 5 informal walk throughs each week.  They are not seeing these objectives and goals.  Please talk to your teachers.

–Marcus asked how the group would like feedback.

 

V.         5th Year Seniors

–Marcus distributed the final document Lauren created.

–Stephen liked the wording on referrals.

 

VI.        Homeroom Discussion Next Step

–Marcus asked how much time does everyone need to get feedback from department members. We will discuss this after Thanksgiving.

 

VII.      Newcomer Pathway Cluster

–Mat mentioned the informal cluster will be the 2nd Wednesday of the month; Department meetings take precedence over this.

 

VIII.     GPAs

–Lisa mentioned what we have looked at so far.  She distributed a document that included ideas from the faculty meeting.

–Lisa referred to Science on the form.  This comes from the various columns in the BSC.  There are clear goals for grading practices and GPA.  She asked everyone to edit and revised their BSC and send it to her by the end of next week.

 

–Doug suggested information on what the data is matching and how it is matching.

Marcus will email his supervisor, Bill Sanderson about our frustrations.

–Marcus also shared this with the SSC this week.  Marcus mentioned looking at partial credit.

 

IX.        Miscellaneous

–Joseph mentioned the changeover from Galileo web and School Loop.  One of Mr. Machtay real likes is the translator function of the Galileo web. School Loop only has a few languages.  We have so many languages here at Galileo.  We need to make sure we have this translation piece with the change.

 

–Alicia wondered about the school newspaper.  She asked when it will come out if we have it?  Marcus said we are getting some support.

 

–Doug talked about his AP stats class—he wants them to do a survey project and present it to faculty.  Please give him questions that his students can use in a randomized survey of students and faculty.  He suggested Homeroom, Common Core, etc.

 

–Doug mentioned the substitute shortage and said this does not fall on the duties of the Department Heads.  Marcus suggested everyone push this with the union to hire more subs.

 

–Lisa asked for district department head extended hours.

–Lisa said we might be moving away from Outlook to Google for the district email.

 

–Bai talked about the ELAC Committee meeting.

 

–Mat asked abut the final exam schedule.

 

Meeting adjourned at 12:20pm.

 

 

 

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting Minutes – November 4, 2014

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

11/4/14

 

Marcus called the meeting to order at 11:20am.

 

Leadership Team Agenda

 

I.          G-House TV

–Marcus mentioned an anonymous letter he got from a student saying his teacher never turns on G-House TV.  Marcus and administrators will be checking to see if teachers are not letting students view it.

–Marcus suggested talking to your teachers, or at least mentioning this at department meetings.

 

II.         Parking

–Susan said the parking issue was discussed at the Principal/UBC meeting.  The result is that prior to Thanksgiving warnings will be given.  After Thanksgiving we will call DPT to ticket and then perhaps threaten towing.

–Susan said if DPT comes to ticket one car they will ticket all cars in violation.  Cars parked on the ramp would likely get ticketed as well.

–Susan said she and Marcus would put out a joint message.  Concerns or questions should be sent to Marcus.

–Doug asked if there are repeat offenders, and the answer is “Yes.”

–Discussion followed of where to park.

 

III.       Office Depot Invoices

–Mat reminded every body to forward these to Linda Wade a.s.a.p.

 

IV.        Attendance

–Nancy said the online attendance is going well and the district is saying we are doing well.  She showed a graph of how the beginning weeks are going.

–We are now at 6% of the attendance not turned in, but the substitutes could be this part.

–Security will collect the paper attendance for each period from the subs every period.

–Many of our students and their photos are not loaded correctly.  Email Nancy with any problems.

–Bai asked about the incorrect phone numbers for the autodialer, and how to correct them.

–Remind teachers to take attendance during the first 40 minutes of each class.

 

V.         BBC, Learning & Language

–All teachers who have been here 4 years or less have been trained on this and must have this displayed in their classrooms.  Marcus said he is not seeing this.

 

–All teachers must have language and learning objectives posted.

–The learning and language objectives can be combined.

 

VI.        5th Year Students

–Lauren said the district has no policy with teeth.

–She distributed a policy the counseling office has come up with.

–Susan suggested something to say “Meeting Graduation Requirements.”

–Joseph suggested being more specific on the discipline issue.

–Doug suggested that the document should prove that the 5th year will allow them to graduate.  Lauren said they will not be given this opportunity if they would not graduate after the 5th year.

–Discussion followed that they will be here only for as many classes as they need to graduate.

–Susan suggested we clear this form with the legal department for the district.  Marcus thought we should wait on that.

–David felt we should be specific and we could always back down.  Marcus mentioned a situation this year that would make this not work.  Discussion followed.

–Joseph suggested suspensions should be last on the list.  He also mentioned the term “multiple” and maybe remove this word.

 

–Lauren mentioned there are different tiers of 5th year students and she described them.

–Marcus suggested she email this for input and edits.

–Michelle expressed her concerns for raising class sizes.

–Lauren mentioned we have 8 students right now. Susan asked if there are other alternatives for these students.

 

VII.      Homeroom

–Marcus said this topic was brought up at the Union meeting last week.

–Susan said what they are asking for now is “what would it take to make homeroom successful?”

–There is now impact on the 4th period teachers, as we have no homeroom.

–Alicia mentioned an issue with Latino students not being reached for SATs, etc.  Having a homeroom that is grade related is an easy way to reach the students.  She said these types of issues make homeroom valuable.

–A vote of the group said we should continue this discussion.  David suggested having a preliminary discussion today.

–Kathleen said her students really liked homeroom and they like relating to others with limited language skills.

–Kathleen also said that her department thought that all the teachers should vote on this.

–English teachers now have school-wide distributions.

–Lisa suggested listing all the school needs for homeroom and then do an investigation of what other schools do.

–David said for those who watch G-House TV, it is sort of a break.  He thought that certain groups could be pulled out during the last minutes of 3rd and 4th periods.

–Joseph said it is difficult to build bonds and community with losing homeroom.  He mentioned the Song and Yell, class assemblies, etc.

–Doug said one problem is getting students to go to homeroom.  Some teachers do a good job with homeroom or G-House TV and others do not.  Perhaps we need to get everyone on board and train them.

–Marcus said he likes Lisa’s ideas of what we used homeroom for.

Class assemblies, Song and Yell, Graduation, surveys, elections, senior field trip forms, testing organization, grade level meetings, lunch forms, emergency cards, G-House TV, class schedule distributions, assemblies, counselor visits to classrooms, ASB visits and elections, Poles.

Negative—contractual requirements and obligations, attendance, no consequences for cutting, students going to wrong rooms (teacher accountability).

–Consequences for not attending should affect athletes, dance attendance, etc.

–Joseph felt we should talk to our department members as no department heads have had homerooms in years.

–Marcus suggested the administration and department heads could patrol the halls, but this is a contractual issue.

 

VIII.     Miscellaneous

–Next week’s meeting will be on another day as Tuesday is a holiday.

–Alicia discussed filming of teachers by students without permission.  She asked for the rules.  What is the issue of being “watched”?  What can happen to students if they misuse the information they get with filming faculty and staff?

–Susan said the district has policies about this.  She suggested everyone should read the student handbook.  Students want rules.  We need to be consistent.

 

–Kathleen said her students use their cell phones, both the ELD and the Hospitality students to learn proper communication skills.

–Joseph said no one is allowed to film an individual without their permission.

–David said students feel their phones are a part of their bodies now.  We need to educate them on how to properly use their cell phones.

–Michelle Fortunado said she might be able to provide some information.  Marcus said it would be very useful.

 

–Michelle Moffett talked about security aides listening outside the classrooms.  She felt they should just come in and let the teacher know they are there.  There is an issue of the walkie-talkies going off in the class.

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 12:20pm.

 

Leadership Team/Department Head Meeting Minutes – October 30, 2014

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

10/30/14

 

 

Marcus called the meeting to order at 9:55am.

 

I.          5th Year Seniors

 

–This was brought up at the previous meeting.  Marcus asked for the issues with these students.

–Alicia said this is in combination with those students who are homeless.  She talked of one student and asked how do we help them graduate.  This student also has a brother in the same situation.

–Lauren asked for the teeth of the issue.  What will happen to attendance and progress, grades, etc.? Has the district set up some guidelines?

–Susan said there must be checkpoints and goals.

–Alicia said she imagines that each case is probably different.  Are they in transitional housing?  Is it hard to get the students to school?

–Susan said Wellness offers services to these students.

–Susan asked about newcomer students who stay beyond age 18.  What are their alternatives for education?

 

–Marcus suggested tabling this issue and attempt to come up with a policy. He gave some different examples.

 

II.         Attendance Policies

 

–Marcus asked for concerns, questions, etc., for online attendance.

–Susan asked what period of the day a student must be present for the school to qualify for the ADA.

–An issue tomorrow might be the Giants parade.  Marcus said it would affect the district, not the school.

–Lauren asked if it was important to have multiple calls home for absences. She said the counselors are getting midday calls to check on students.

–Marcus said he is fielding some of the calls and in 75% of the calls, the student is missing class.  He would like to continue with this and see how it is working.

–Michelle mentioned the need to correct some of the attendance if students are coming late to class.

–Marcus said attendance should be taken after 40 minutes.

–For corrections teachers have to make these changes by midnight.

–David asked for a signal to teachers if they slipped and did not turn in attendance.

–Lisa said there is an email that goes to Marcus with the names of teachers who did not turn in attendance for one or more periods.

–Nancy said Vera will make phone calls to teachers who did not turn in attendance.  Nancy will look into the email alerts.

–Nancy said security will pick up attendance from the substitutes.

–Marcus said yesterday 14 classes were not reported.  We need to try to get to 100%.

 

III.       Autodialer

 

–Marcus said there is a phone call at 4:00pm, and there is one during 3rd period.

–There is a report back to the school if the phone numbers of the students are not accurate.  Autodialer goes to the primary phone number.  Let Mr. Emmi know if there are problems with the number.

 

IV.        Field Trips

–Mark your students absent if they are on a field trip.  Tell your teachers that they must give Vera a list of students who attended the field trip.

–Michelle said an email to Vera would work as well.

–Joseph mentioned 2 types of students who do not go on field trips—those who are absent and those who did not get their field trip slip signed and have to remain at school with another teacher.

 

V.         School Safety

–Marcus is concerned about the safety issues with the school.  We have 17 exits/entrances.  He is going to have a safety assessment.  Some doors are constantly kept open.

–Michelle said we have so many former students who come on campus.  The security aides cannot always tell them from current students.

–Marcus said we can talk about wearing IDs.

–Susan said we need to let the students know that we need to keep the doors closed.

–Joseph said he thinks we all should wear IDs.  He mentioned seeing students from NYC doing this.

–What if a student does not have their ID?

–Doug asked if there is something that caused the interest in more security.  Marcus said the UBC has been talking about this.  An incident happened in Wellness and the adults were alarmed.

 

VI.        School Hours

–We are going to have to close the school at a certain time and everyone will have to leave.  We are looking at 6:00pm or 6:30pm.

 

VII.      Matching Analysis of Student Outcomes

–Marcus discussed the components of matching analysis, instructional time, GPA, (Marcus said the district is discussing matching grading policies across the district),  9th Grade PFT, (physical fitness test), English (big gap with AA students),

 

–Michelle asked if there is a way to reduce the amount of assessments so that teachers can spend more time teaching.  Marcus said this is being discussed across the district.

–Doug said the CAHSEE does not measure how well a student does—it is just a pass/fail mark.  Marcus said his supervisor says this is “dirty data” and he has hired someone to clean this up.

–Doug would like to know the points of the matching criteria.

–Marcus said that to take the CAHSEE this year students must have 10th grade credits.

–Stephen Jackson asked about having a 9th grade CAHSEE class in the VAPA dept.  He mentioned the benefits.

–David said we have to keep in mind what we are already doing addressing some of the issues.

–Kathleen said some students are in ELD classes because they are low in their reading skills.  She feels there should be some support for 9th graders.

–Joseph likes the idea of the class for 9th graders, but would want to make sure it did not slow the student from making their graduation requirement.

 

–On Track Graduation—Mr. Emmi said the counseling office is working on this.  He wants the data to be aligned with what our students are actually doing.  Some simple tasks will correct some of these situations.

–Susan asked about JROTC instructors needing PE credentials.  Ethan explained how they are handling this.

 

IX.        Miscellaneous

–Nancy mentioned that she would be overseeing security and the building and asked for suggestions.

–Ethan said no food should be on the field.  This needs to be enforced.

–David asked for a schedule of where and when the security aides would be.

 

–Doug told of the process to get furniture from the district warehouse.

–It is not allowed for teachers to walk through the warehouse.  Doug send pictures of what he wanted and they replied that they had the items on hand.

 

–David said there is a liability issue with couches.  If the school buys it, that is OK, but any thing that is donated could be a liability.

 

–Joseph requested the administration to put the attendance accounting/reporting procedure for field trips, etc. in writing and discuss this at the next faculty meeting.

 

–Michelle brought up the college field trips.  She is requesting we get a list of these way ahead of time and it should be published.  She asked if the counseling office could put this information out as soon as the find out.

 

–Marcus said Doug Pfifer is warning us about Galileo web.  As of right now we are sticking with Galileo web, but we are transiting to School Loop.  The Gmail drive stays.  Word Press is the problem.

–Susan asked the percentage of parents on school loop.  Lisa said 30-35%.  The 9th and 10th grade parents are used to it from middle school.

 

Meeting adjourned at 10:55am.

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting Minutes – October 21, 2014

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

 

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

 

 

10/21/14

 

 

 

 

Nancy called the meeting to order at 11:25am.  Lisa said that we would wait for Marcus to return if any items need administrative decisions.

 

 

We welcomed Nancy back.

 

 

I.          Policy on 5th Year Seniors

 

–Doug said some of his department members wanted to know if the policy has changed—can seniors stay for a  5th year?

 

–Stephen Emmi said this is the first year that we have done this.  We have 5 this year.  We will revisit this in the future.

 

–Doug asked if we were steering students away from Ida B. Wells.  Stephen said some have transferred there.

 

–Nancy said it was originally the district’s idea for the 5th year when more graduation requirements began.

 

–Nancy said it is also budget issue from last year.

 

 

II.         Newcomer Pathway Cluster Program

 

–Mat asked for the names of teachers in each department.  Lisa will provide it for him.

 

 

III.       Nancy introduced our new dean, Kate Morgan.  Everyone introduced themselves to her.

 

 

IV.        Teacher Notification of Classroom Use

 

–David brought up the classrooms that were used last weekend for the NERT program.  He discussed what had happened in his room.  He asked for warning ahead of time in the future.

 

–Nancy said the classrooms were selected at the last minute.

 

 

V.         Tutoring

 

–Kathleen talked about the ELD tutoring and she distributed some information.  The students in tutoring are supervised by teachers.  There are slips the students can give to their teachers proving they attended tutoring.  She distributed a tutoring schedule.  She said there may be some forms of independent study for those who need credits to graduate.  Tutoring is in Room 450

 

–Doug suggested we send an email to parents on SchoolLoop telling about the tutoring.  It can also be posted on the parent page.

 

–Bai can send it out on the Yahoo group.

 

 

VI.        Futurama Intramurals

 

–Ethan said there are lunchtime groups and after school groups that are not supervised.  This is a liability issue.  Ethan said the break dancers are in the auditorium after school.  All Futurama workers should wear their badges.

 

–Ethan mentioned that AVID uses the football field on Fridays.

 

 

VII.      Synergy

 

–Joseph said he felt the transition to Synergy has been smooth.  He asked about students on field trips.  He covered both the teacher who has the field trip and the teacher who excuses the students.

 

–Lisa said if a teacher signs a field trip slip, mark the student present in the grade book and mark them present.  She described an alternative process.  We will make changes, but not until Marcus returns.

 

 

–Alicia’ s department mentioned the norm—if a student is not in a classroom, we should say they are absent legally.  She said her department is going to follow what they are legally bound to do and that is to mark them absent if they are not in the classroom.

 

–We do not have a system for field trip teachers to mark students present in other classes.

 

–Lauren mentioned the autodialer and the fact that parents would be calling the school if their students are marked absent while they are on a field trip.

 

–Lisa said everyone should have a paper record which would hold up in court.  Everyone must have a paper record of attendance.

 

 

–Joseph mentioned the double-sin classes.  Joseph said Lisa made these into one class, and still has one empty class.  Lisa said anyone who has this situation should let Nancy know and she will submit  a help ticket.

 

 

VIII.     Miscellaneous

 

–Michelle mentioned their blood drive on Friday.  She said the turnout so far is very low.

 

Sign up in Michelle’ room.  There are height and weight requirements.

 

 

–Alicia asked about what information the admin needs from department heads for CTP.

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 11:55am.

 

 

Leadership Team/Department Head Meeting Minutes – October 7, 2014

GALILEO ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

 

Leadership Team/Department Heads Meeting

 

 

 

10/7/14

 

 

 

 

Marcus called the meeting to order at 11:20am.

 

 

I.          Faculty Meeting

 

–Lisa wanted to remind everyone to attend.  The paraprofessionals are now invited to faculty meetings.  The bulk of the meeting will be to learn how to do online attendance, which will begin on Tuesday, October 14th.  We will have support staff on campus, so let Lisa know who in your departments will need help.

 

–The other topic at the faculty meeting will be Back to School Night.  ASB will be on hand to direct traffic and help.

 

–PTSA will have an exciting announcement.

 

–Joseph is having a Burning Bubble Sheets activity on Friday afternoon as the Blue Angels practice.  He will email everyone.

 

–Michelle said the changing passwords will affect those who are using laptops on the wireless.  Access online could be a challenge.

 

 

II.         A-G Requirements/Newcomers/NELL

 

–Kathleen said that graduation A-G requirements require 4 years of English and only 1 can be an ESL class.  She is concerned about those students with low skills being put in higher-level class.

 

–She spoke of the new person the NELL—Newcomer English Language Learner Liaison.  It is now Megan Jessup.  Kathleen is helping her. She worries about teachers giving “mercy” grades and then the students not being able to function in college. 

 

–She mentioned smaller classes in ELD as we are waiting for the Newcomers.  She also mentioned the Newcomer Pathway meetings on the second Wednesday of each month.  Everyone is welcome.

 

–Lisa mentioned SIFE—Students Interrupted in Formal Education.

 

–Marcus mentioned that we need to look at our overall plan for next year.

 

 

III.       Song & Yell PA Snafus

 

–Joseph said he felt bad for the classes who worked so hard on their skits and then the PA system collapsed.  He mentioned the wireless microphone problems and the signals getting cut in and out.  He explained the problems with the antennas.  Blocking the pathway to the antennas is part of the problem.  Everything just died right before the skits were to be performed.  He explained additional problems.

 

 

–Joseph would like to make sure this does not happen next year.

 

–Holding the microphone properly is important.

 

 

–Mr. Os-Maun Rasul addressed the group.  He told of his new position in Southern California.  He wished everyone a successful 2014-15 school year.

 

 

–Joseph suggested buying a new wireless microphone.  Several other solutions were suggested.

 

–Stephen Jackson suggested talking to Google about this.  Discussion followed.

 

–Marcus asked Joseph to look into what a new appropriate sound system would be and what it would cost.  Joseph said the system we have now is for one person speaking.

 

 

III.       Song & Yell Bell Schedule

 

–Mat asked if we could have all the classes closer in minutes.

 

–Marcus asked if it was really important.

 

–Lisa passed around a proposal for 3 classes, Song & Yell, lunch then 3 classes in the afternoon.

 

–We will use this schedule next year.

 

 

IV.        Final Weeks Schedule

 

–Lisa shared a schedule for the last 2 days of each semester with short classes.  We can use up our extra banked time.

 

–Joseph asked when the grades are due.  1st and 2nd semesters they are due on Friday at 8:00am.

 

 

V.         Testing:

 

–CAHSEE is happening now in the Van Ness Gym.  Math will be there tomorrow.  We will be audited tomorrow.  She apologized for all the interruptions of telephone calls.

 

–PSAT testing will be next Wednesday.  They will use the Van Ness Gym and some classrooms. All sophomores will take the PSAT.

 

–SRI—Scholastic Reading Index—this is a 20-minute online assessment and will be done in PE classes.  Thanks were given to Ethan for taking this on.  9th and 10th grade students will take this, along with 11th and 12th graders going for reclassification.  Stephen Jackson asked if Special Ed students could be included. 

 

–CLA—this is for 9th and 10th graders in English and Algebra.  This is offered online this year.

 

–Marcus said those courses that do not have a CLA should have a CFA.  The two- week window is 10/14-24/14.

 

 

VI.        Data

 

–Marcus referred to the data sheet distributed at the last Principal’s meeting.  He mentioned there was some frustration about the data and it being correct.  He said that Mr. Sanderson is trying to fix this.

 

–He said data is the same for the whole district, whether it is accurate or not.  We are being compared with schools that are very much like us.

 

–He mentioned we would postpone tomorrow’s SSC meeting until next week.

 

 

–He asked the group how they felt about where we should begin to focus.  We have agreed to Attendance, EAP and grades.  GPA and Instructional time are areas to look at.

 

–Should we really focus on CAHSEE for EAP?

 

–Ethan said attendance in class is related to test scores.  We need to figure out how to get all students to class.

 

–Marcus mentioned that some students will not go to class if they know no one cares.  We need to work on this.  If the students are failing, they stop attending.

 

–Instructional time, GPA and CAHSEE will be our 3 focus points.

 

–Michelle said her department looked at grades and attendance and those who got F’s had terrible attendance.

 

–Kathleen mentioned the mentally absent students who attend and do nothing.

 

–Doug mentioned that the students in the halls during class time do not reflect the population.  Some students find ways out of the classroom and these are the students who need the instructional minutes.

 

 

–Kate Morgan will replace Mr. Rasul.  She was a dean at Burton before taking time off for parenting.  She speaks Spanish.

 

 

VIII.     Miscellaneous

 

–Marcus is working on a draft for Google—he would like to present something to the SSC—3 area—Teachers, Students and Parents.

 

–David feels he needs a menu as to what they can offer, etc.  One suggestion was the school Wi-Fi.  Joseph said the students are now on and that makes it more difficult for the teachers to get on.  Others said that is not the cause of the problem.

 

 

–He is asking for next Tuesday after school.  Anyone interested is welcome.  Meeting will be in the LT.

 

 

–Doug brought up the old tech committee and is working on the goals and objectives for that group.  He spoke about the former committee.  He would like the new committee to be those with tech skills.

 

–Joseph felt everyone should be represented on this committee.  Some could come as observers.  Ethan felt everyone should be equally represented.

 

–Doug said the purpose is not to make decisions, but be an advisory group.

 

 

–PTSA wish list—let Lisa know right away.

 

–Admin Observations were done by Lisa and Stephen Emmi last week.  She mentioned what they observed.

 

–Marcus said let your teachers know that consistent walk thrus will start soon.

 

–Remind your teachers to sign in.

 

–School loop needs to be updated every 3 weeks.

 

–Parking—remind your teachers of parking etiquette.

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 12:20pm.

 

 

1 2 3 4 12