December 10, 2014
Passing the CAHSEE in English and Math is required to receive a High School Diploma in CA. The English Exam will be on Tuesday and the Math Exam will be on Wednesday.
Who takes the exam?
- 10 graders with 60 credits or more
- 11th and 12th graders who need to retake either/both exams
Where should students go?
- For students taking the exam, please click HERE
- For 10th graders with less than 60 credits they should report to the auditorium during 1st through 4th period during any periods they have classes that have a majority 10th grade students in them (English 2, Chemistry, World History, PE 2, and maybe Mathematics)
What should students bring?
- A Photo ID (ideally Galileo ID)
- Pencils and Erasers
Please contact Ms. Lambert in 211 or at x3211 with questions/concerns.
September 2, 2014
August 25, 2014
August 25, 2014
Freshmen: Do you want to run for freshmen office, help in school activities, competitions, volunteering and fundraisers? Learn more about the positions, responsibilities and pick up the petition at the ASB Office Room 150. Deadline to turn in the completed petition attached with a copy of latest report card is 4pm, Friday, September 26th.
April 13, 2014
9th Grade—A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer
10th Grade—Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
11th Grade—The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
12th Grade—The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
For complete information go to: http://galileoweb.org/english/
December 16, 2013
WELCOME ASSEMBLY: Friday, August 29th in the Auditorium during a double 4th period schedule.
CLUB DAY: Friday, August 29th in the courtyard during lunchtime. Over 40 clubs will have tables.
COLLEGE NIGHTS FOR JUNIORS AND SENIORS AND PARENTS: Thursday, September 18 and Thursday, September 25 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm.
December 8, 2013
Galileo is taking part in the Hour of Code, a national education event to give 10 million students their first exposure to computer science and programming. A variety of hour-long activities are available to do in class, after school, or at home.
Mr. Tan will be leading Hour of Code workshops after school in room 102:
- Tues, Dec 10th, 3:15-5:00 – Learn how to create your own Mobile Apps
- Wed, Dec 11th, 2:20-4:00 – Program one of our Finch Robots
- Thur, Dec 12th, 2:20-4:00 – Learn to program with Angry Birds & Plants vs. Zombies
- Fri, Dec 13th, 3:15-5:00 – Learn to program in Python
If you don’t get a chance to try an Hour of Code in class or after school, try it at home.
Learn at csedweek.org/learn.
Here are some Hour of Code videos to kick off the week:
- Learn what most schools don’t teach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC5FbmsH4fw
- President Obama calls on every American to learn code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XvmhE1J9PY
- US Secretary of Education supports the Hour of Code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bx0HfjbD6I
- Why Computer Science for Every Child?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsagBkLXtRE
November 28, 2013
The Mighty Galileo Lions roared on Thanksgiving Day in the Turkey Bowl and beat the Lincoln Mustangs in a very exciting game with a score of 34 – 30. This was the 90th Football Championship for San Francisco Public High Schools, and was Galileo’s 17th win for the Football Championship Game, more than any other high school in the school district. Our players were outstanding in this very exciting game! And equally as exciting as the game were the Galileo Cheerleaders! They looked sharp, cheered well and contributed to the victory! Our stands were packed and everyone had a grand time! Go Mighty Lions!
November 28, 2013
FALL 2013 FINAL EXAMS: December 16 – 19, 2013
LAST DAY OF FALL 2013 SEMESTER is Friday, December 20, 2013.
WINTER BREAK is December 21, 2013 – January 5, 2014
FIRST DAY OF SPRING 2014 SEMESTER is Monday, January 6, 2014.
January 27, 2013
ASB offices and Class offices for 2013 – 2014 are now open. Pick up
petitions at ASB office (Room 151), Deadline to turn in ASB office
petitions is March 5, 2013 by 4:00 PM. Deadline to turn in senior,
junior, and sophomore petitions is March 19, 2013 in ASB office by