Japanese Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Program is providing two eligible Bay Area students with $2,000 from the JCCNC Scholarship fund.
- US citizen with a Japanese ancestry/legal Japanese residents of the US
- Have a minimum 3.3 GPA on 4.0 scale
- will attend an accredited college or university as a full-time, degree seeking freshman in Fall 2010
- Demonstrated academic interest in the study of fields of the US-Japan relationship
Selection Criteria: Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of their demonstrated interest and ability to perform in furthering their academic education and a career in the relevant field. Applicants’ expression in their essay on special topics and subsequent interview will be highly evaluate.
Deadline: Must be received by June 18, 2010!!! See Ms. Boran for an application or download one here: JCCNC Scholarship 2010
Mail to:The Selection Committee Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Northern California 1875 So. Grant Street, Suite 760 San Mateo, CA 94402
- Completed Application form
- official transcript
- College admittance notice
- two letters of recommendation (1 academic, 1 personal)
- Essay (maximum 2 pages) See the following for topic choices:
- How would you preserve Japanese value and culture for Japanese Americans today?
- How can you contribute to the good relationship between Japan and the United States?
The Committee suggests that applicants include the following information in their essay:
- How goals and interests would be uniquely enhanced by this scholarship
- Past experience and accomplishments that have been most relevant to your present goals
- Areas in which the applicant hope to attain personal growth through this experience
Superpower Scholarship 2010
ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the Superpower Scholarship and will award five scholarships of $1,000 each. Applicants must:
- Be thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of application
- Be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- Be currently enrolled (or enroll no later than the fall of 2016) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education
- Submit an online short written response (250 words or less) for the question:
“If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?”
Application Deadline: June 30, 2010 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time
To see the complete scholarship program rules for the Superpower Scholarship, click here. Scholarship winners will be notified on or around August 31, 2010.
- Graduating high school senior with acceptance to a post secondary institution that requires for admission graduation from high school
- Has a GPA of 3.8 or higher
- Current transcript or report card from last semester
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- Pick up the application from Ms. Boran in the counseling office
- Mail to:
DUE: APPLICATION MUST BE POST MARKED NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, JULY 6, 2010 TO BE CONSIDERED.