Cal Grant

Cal Grant Reminder: Click that you graduate

Download Simple Guide on how to complete your Cal-Grant (click that you graduate):

DOWNLOAD: Cal Grant-Submit High School Graduation Confirmation Simple Guide

@ Seniors: If you received Cal-Grant, make sure to login into your account and click that you graduate (also, make sure that the college you are attending is the one receiving the Cal-Grant), go here to make all those changes:


About Cal Grants Overview

Check out the website:

Need Cash for College? You Could Get a Cal Grant. Cal Grants are one of the smartest ways to get cash for college. For starters, it’s money you don’t have to pay back. If you’re a graduating high school senior or recent graduate, meet academic, financial and eligibility requirements and submit two forms by September 2, you may receive a Cal Grant!

How Much Money Are We Talking About? With a Cal Grant you can get up to $9,700 a year to pay for college expenses at any qualifying California college, university or career or technical school in California. Depending on which Cal Grant you get, the money can be used for tuition, room and board, even books and pencils. The best part is, it’s yours to keep and you don’t have to pay it back.

Here’s How to Apply.

  • Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) between January 1 and March 2
  • Submit a verified Cal Grant GPA anytime between November and the March 2 deadline
  • If you meet the income, eligibility, and GPA requirements, the cash is yours. The best part is, you can fill out the FAFSA online.

Who Qualifies

Are you Eligible for a Cal Grant? If you are a California graduating high school senior or recent graduate, or just got your GED, and meet academic, financial and eligibility requirements and submit two forms by September 2 then you may qualify for a Cal Grant for college or career or technical school.

To be eligible for a Cal Grant you must:

  • Submit the FAFSA and your verified Cal Grant GPA by the deadline
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (your parents don’t need to be citizens or eligible noncitizens) or AB 540 student
  • Be a California resident when you graduated from high school
  • Have a Social Security number
  • Attend a qualifying California college
  • Not have a bachelor’s or professional degree (except for Cal Grant A and B extended awards for a teaching credential program)
  • Have financial need based on your college costs
  • Have family income and assets below the established ceilings
  • Meet any minimum GPA requirements
  • Be in a program leading to an undergraduate degree or certificate
  • Be enrolled at least half time
  • Have registered with U.S. Selective Service (most males)
  • Not owe a refund on a state or federal grant, or be in default on a student loan

Four chances to get a Cal Grant Entitlement Award!

You can apply for a Cal Grant Entitlement Award in one of four ways:

  1. Within one year after you graduate. So even if you have to go straight to work before going to college, you don’t have to miss out on a Cal Grant.
  2. As a community college transfer student, as long as you are under the age of 28.
  3. As a high school senior.
  4. Within one year of getting your GED.