1 California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
2 California State University Chico
3 California State University East Bay
4 California State University Fresno
5 California State University Sacramento
6 Cogswell Polytechnical College
7 Dominican University of California
8 Humboldt State University
9 Menlo College
10 Mount St. Mary’s College
11 National University
12 Notre Dame de Namur University
13 Patten University
14 Saint Mary’s College of California
15 San Francisco State University
16 San Jose State University
17 Sonoma State University
18 University of California – Berkeley
19 University of California – Berkeley
20 University of California – Davis
21 University of California – Davis
22 University of California – Irvine
23 University of California – Los Angeles
24 University of California – Merced
25 University of California – Riverside
26 University of California – San Diego
27 University of California – Santa Barbara
28 University of California – Santa Cruz
29 University of San Francisco
30 University of Southern California
31 University of the Pacific
32 Whittier College
33 University of Hawaii at Manoa
34 Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science
35 Portland State
36 Laureate Hospitality and Design Education
37 California Lutheran University
38 Colorado Mesa
40 Holy Names University
41 Academy of Art University
42 826 Valencia
43 San Jose State EOP
44 Chapman University
45 Whitman College
46 UW Tacoma
47 USC 48 UTI
50 College of San Mateo
51 Grand Canyon University
52 Purdue Universtiy
53 SF State EOP
54 Princeton Review
55 Marinello School of Beauty
56 Skyline College
10/15/2010 SFUSD & SF Promise College Fair list of colleges:
- COMMUNITY COLLEGES: www.cccapply.org Start Applying in Spring: around Feb/March, check w/ college
Highly Recommend Community College’s technical vocational programs, check out CCSF’s CTE (Career Tech) website here:
City College of San Francisco-Admissions
|City College of San Francisco- Career & Technical Education
|College of San Mateo
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY: (CSU)
Application Deadline: Nov. 30 (Application is available and accepted right now!)
|California State University- Chico
|California State University- East Bay
|California State University- Sacramento
|Humboldt State University
|San Francisco State University
|San Jose State University
|Sonoma State University
- PRIVATE COLLEGES & TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL programs (PRIVATE) & OUT-of-STATE Colleges
You may apply for some of the colleges in this website: Commonapp.org or go to the school’s website. Deadlines varies.
|California College of the Arts
|Cogswell Polytechnical College
|Ex’pression College for Digital Arts
|Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM)
|ITT Technical Institute
|Marinello School of Beauty
|San Francisco Institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology
|Swiss Hotel Management School
|Universal Technical Institute
|University of Phoenix
|American University of Paris
|Hawaii Pacific University
|Istituto Europeo Di Design
|Mesa State College
|Michigan State University
|Milwaukee School of Engineering
|Oregon State University
|University of Alabama
|University of Alaska Fairbanks
|University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
|University of Hawaii at Manoa
|University of Idaho
|California Lutheran University
|Mount St. Mary’s College
|Notre dame de Namar University
|Saint Mary’s College of CA
|Santa Clara University
|Seton Hall University
|Soka University of America
|University of the Pacific
|University of San Francisco
|Dominican University of California
|Golden Gate University
|Grand Canyon University
|Holy Names University
|Johnson & Wales University
|Loyola Marymount University
|University Nevada Reno
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA (Public)
Application Deadline: Nov. 30 (application is already available! May submit app on Nov. 1)
Apply Here: UC Website
|University of California- Berkeley
|University of California- Davis
|Univeristy of California- Los Angeles
|University of California- Merced
|University of California- Riverside
|University of California- San Diego
|University of California- Santa Barbara
|TIPS for COLLEGE FAIR visits:
|What to do at a College Fair…Prepare For the Fair
- Establish your criteria for the search
- Complete an on-line college search
www.collegeboard.com, www.petersons.com, www.nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
- Talk with your parents and guidance counselor about your criteria
- Compare your on-line search results with the list of college fair participants
- Identify the schools you want to investigate at the fair
- PRINT ADDRESS LABELS TO STICK ON COLLEGE INFORMATION CARDS AT
THE FAIR. INCLUDE YOUR NAME, FULL ADDRESS, EMAIL, PHONE, HIGH
SCHOOL, YEAR OF GRADUATION, INTENDED MAJOR, EXTRACURRICULAR
Bring to the Fair
- YOUR LABELS!
- A small notebook and pen to take notes
- A bag to collect brochures, business cards, etc.
- A list of questions that you want to ask
Determine what questions you want to ask representatives at the fair
- Tell me about the LOCATION
- Is it in a rural, suburban, or urban setting?
- Are there restaurants and shops in walking distance?
- Are students allowed to have cars? Is campus parking available?
- How safe is the campus?
- Tell me about the ACADEMICS
- What are the most popular majors?
- What is the average class size?
- Do graduate students teach classes
- How accessible are professors?
- Are there learning support services such as tutoring?
- Are there opportunities for undergraduates to do research?
- Do you offer/require internships, co-ops, or abroad programs?
- Tell me about HOUSING
- What % of students reside on campus?
- What types of housing do you offer? (traditional dorms, apartments, suites,
- special interest housing)
- HOUSING cont’d
- Is housing guaranteed for all four years?
- How do people access dorms?
- Can I live off campus?
- Tell me about ACTIVITIES and STUDENT LIFE
- What % of students remain on campus on weekends?
- What levels of athletics are offered: varsity, intramural, club
- What % of students participate in athletics?
- What % of students are involved in Greek Life?
- What are some popular clubs or annual events?
- What cultural opportunities exist on campus?
- What are the campus crime statistics?
- How are the sports facilities, arts facilities, student center?
- May I keep a car on campus?
- Tell me about the ADMISSION process
- Describe the profile of admitted students.
- When is the best time to visit campus?
- How can I arrange a campus visit and what will happen on a visit?
- Do you offer alumni interviews?
- Will I increase my chances for admission if I visit the campus and
- “demonstrate my interest in the college? Will I hurt my chances if I do not?
- What are the deadlines for applications and financial aid?
- Do you require standardized testing? If so, what scores do you want to see?
6. Tell me about COST
- What is the cost of attendance (Tuition, Room, Board)?
- What is the financial aid deadline?
- What % of students receive financial aid?
- Do you offer merit aid as well as need based aid?
- What % of students work?
- Do international students receive aid?
- Tell me about RETENTION and FUTURE PLANS
- What % of freshman return for their sophomore year?
- What % of students graduate in four years?
- What % of students pursue graduate or professional school
- What % of graduates find jobs in their chosen field?
After the Fair
- Review your notes and look through the brochures you collected
- Identify colleges that you would like to visit and/or research further
- Email admission representatives with questions or to thank them for their time
- (email addresses are on the business cards)