Welcome Back Juniors!
This is your 11th grade year and you have a lot to look forward to. A couple things to think about this year:
- Review your transcript/academic record and which classes you’re enrolled in this year – Make up any D’s or F’s because having these on your record will prohibit you from applying to college.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities: sports, clubs, organizations, student government, etc. *It’s the quality of extracurricular activities that matters to colleges, not the quantity. So pick activities that are meaningful and interesting to you.
- TESTS: Don’t miss out on taking them for FREE! Come to the college center for a fee waiver. Pick up study guides in the College and Career Center.
- Take the PSAT. If you score high you will be recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation and may receive a scholarship. This will also prepare you for taking the SAT in your Junior and Senior years.
- The SAT either in March, May or June
- The ACT in April or June
- The SAT Subject Tests in May or June
- AP Tests are given in the Spring
- Register and create a profile for Fast Web at www.fastweb.com. You will receive emails for scholarships that match you and your interests.
- Continue to research colleges that you may want to apply to. Go visit the campus, attend an information session, or simply check out the website.
If you have questions about which colleges you should be looking at or are not quite sure what you want your career to be, make an appointment to discuss your options and choices.