Senior year could be the best year of your high school experience. With college applications coming up in the Fall for most students, please make sure to stay in touch with your college counselor for all the important updates and deadlines. Remember to keep in mind that colleges and universities expect you to keep your grades up through the end of the year! If you have questions please stop by the College & Career Center (CCC) in room 258F during lunch, after school.
*** College application workshops are held every Wednesday and Thursday after school (RM 104) from mid-September to end of Fall semester.***
– Deadline: varies by school
– Application: Common Application (aka commonapp) https://apply.commonapp.org/
– Fee Waiver: Apply online as part of application, it is generally free. If you have taken the SAT/ SAT Subject test with a fee waiver, then you automatically qualify for 4 fee waivers on Commonapp. If you need more than 4, you can go see Ms. S. Chan in room 258F.
California State University (CSU)
– Deadline: November 30th
– Application: (Opens October 1st) https://www2.calstate.edu/apply
– Application Guide: CSU Guide
– Fee Waiver: Apply online as part of application, you may only apply ONCE. You will need the accurate family income number and household size number from your parents. If eligible, the system will automatically approve a fee waiver for 4 free campuses. If you apply or more than 4 campuses, you have to pay $55 per campus.
University of California (UC)
– Deadline: November 30th
– Application: (Opens August 1st) https://admissions.universityofcalifornia.edu/
– Fee Wavier: Apply online as part of application, you may only apply ONCE. You will need the accurate family income number and household size number from your parents. If eligible, the system will automatically approve a fee waiver for 4 free campuses. If you apply or more than 4 campuses, you have to pay $70 per campus.
Note: If you don’t qualify online, but have taken the SAT/SAT Subject test with a fee waiver.
Send your College Board fee waiver by mail to this address after you submit your UC application. When you submit your application indicate that you’ll pay by MAIL. INCLUDE:
(1) Include your UC receipt/acknowledgement letter
(2) College board fee-waiver & send it to this address with your name, UC application ID , Date of Birth and mail the form to:
UC Application Center
P.O. Box 1432
Bakersfield, CA 93302
IF YOU APPLY more than 4 UC:
The check should be made out to “The Regents of the University of California” for $70 per additional campus (e.g. 2 campuses, 6 total, the fee is $140).
– Deadline:Rolling admission
– Application: (Opens around January) https://home.cccapply.org/
– Fee Wavier: No cost, it’s free!
In the Fall semester, Seniors will be given a copy of their academic transcript from their counselor. Student should verify all information for accuracy. In late Spring semester, Seniors will be given instructions to request their final transcript to be sent to their college of attendance.
Once students have graduated from high school, Galileo will no longer have access to the transcript. If the alumni needs to request the transcript, please contact the transcript office:
727 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94131