Click links below for Environmental Science Pamphlets
Pathway students have opportunities to
- Engage in weekly field trips
- Participate in internships
- Receive training in the use of state of the art scientific equipment and techniques
- Collaborate with professional scientists
- Design and present scientific research projects
- Acquire practical experience with environmental careers
I. Hands On Curriculum
II. Program Goals
- To teach students the fundamentals of environmental science and ecology.
- To develop stewardship.
- To understand interconnections between humans and the environment.
- To expose students to environmental careers.
- To train students in the use of modern field skills and technology:
• Global Positioning System
• Chemical Test Kits
• Electronic Monitoring Probes
• Plant Identification
• Habitat Assessment
• Computer Graphing
• Computer Data Analysis
III. Pathway Schedule Requirements
- 9th grade – Biology
- 11th grade – Marine Science
- 12th grade – Environmental Internship/ Advanced Placement Environmental Science
IV. Students enrolled in Environmental Science Pathway receive:
- 5 extra high school science credits
- 1-2 college credits through CCSF
- Opportunities to apply for Internships