What is the Galileo Health Academy?
The GHA is a program designed to teach students science and to explore careers in the health field through hands-on education and cross-curricular assignments. GHA places students in an applied and engaging learning environment, which often improves academic performance and behaviors at school.
Who is involved?
The Galileo Health Academy is a partnership between the Galileo Health Academy (GHA) Teachers, City College of San Francisco (CCSF), California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), The American Heart Association (AHA), the students of the GHA and many other organizations that contribute in many different ways.
Thanks to you all for a decade of success!
Benefits for GHA students:
– Receive double high school science credit towards graduation.
– Receive 10.5 CCSF units by the end of the program.
– Receive child, infant, and adult CPR certification.
– Receive career/college counseling.
– Become eligible for paid internships at CPMC.
– Are part of a “small learning community”
– Cross-curricular assignments make learning relevant.