SKELETAL MUSCLE QUIZ STUDY GUIDE
The following was covered in class. Most of the information comes from your book or the animation clips found here on the web site.
- The three types of muscle tissue
- Functions of the skeletal muscle system
- The names of the connective tissues found
- Around the muscle
- Around a muscle fassicle
- Around a muscle fiber
- Transverse tubule (T tubules)
- Myofilaments (thick and thin)
- Sarcoplasmic Reticulum
- Bands and Lines: (See Sarcomere animation)
i. Z line
ii. M line
iii. A band
iv. I Band
v. H zone
- Muscle can do two things.
- The role of ATP, Ca2+, Mg2+, and muscle proteins play in muscle contraction. See Actin and Myosin animation
- Know the difference between “fast” muscle fibers and “slow” muscle fibers (light meat “vs” dark meat).