Skeletal Muscle Study Guide
SKELETAL MUSCLE QUIZ STUDY GUIDE
The following was covered in class. Most of the information comes from your book or the animation clips found here on the web site.
- The three types of muscle tissue
- Functions of the skeletal muscle system
- The names of the connective tissues found
- Around the muscle
- Around a muscle fassicle
- Around a muscle fiber
- Transverse tubule (T tubules)
- Myofilaments (thick and thin)
- Sarcoplasmic Reticulum
- Bands and Lines: (See Sarcomere animation)
i. Z line
ii. M line
iii. A band
iv. I Band
v. H zone
- Muscle can do two things.
- The role of ATP, Ca2+, Mg2+, and muscle proteins play in muscle contraction. See Actin and Myosin animation
- Know the difference between “fast” muscle fibers and “slow” muscle fibers (light meat “vs” dark meat).