Health Career Assignment #1
To complete this assignment you would need at least three pieces of paper, a pen or pencil, computer and quiet, quiet, quiet.
Go to the “Explore Health Careers. Org” website.
Using the column on the website furthest to your left select and write down (on a half piece of paper with your name on it) 15 health careers using the bulleted guideline below.
- Two careers that you are most familiar with
- Four careers that you learned about during your hospital visits
- Four careers that, if you had to pick a career today these would be my top four.
- Two careers you find odd or have never heard of.
- Two careers you would never ever, ever, ever, ever, select
- One career that you find very interesting but you feel you would never pursue it.
Using the careers you selected in bullet point three (above), write an “info card” for each on a half piece of paper. Each info card needs to contain the following in bullet pointed format:
- Your name and period
- The name of the career
- Which category on the website’s left most column you found it under
- What the yearly salary range is
- Write a paragraph about what a person with the career title does
- If “working conditions” is part of the article write a paragraph on it
- Write a paragraph about what kind of training/education is needed for that career
Hint: Plagiarism is unacceptable. Your paragraphs need to be in your words. Try the “magnate word” summary technique you have been practicing all year.
Using the career you selected in bullet point six write a paragraph with no less that 9 sentences telling me why you selected this career and why you don’t feel you would pursue it.