Class Assignment 1-23-17
Do Now: Get a laptop, log on, open a web browser and open the following link.
As you watch the first story do the following.
- Create a story board (Squares on a paper/s – front and back) capturing the ideas having to do with the bacteria, how it spread, it’s signs and symptom and the immune response mounted against it. Leave out all other details. Keep in mind what you already know about the immune system. Remember to draw a 10 second picture in the squares of your story board and to have the text underneath. Do not copy the text on the video. Paraphrase using your own ideas.
- Note two ideas that are similar to the previous case – Influenza.
- Note two ideas that are different than the previous case – Influenza.
I realized I never collected your ESLO’s Reflection. Please read below.
- I will be collecting your reflections on your participation in the health academy over the last two years tomorrow and how they relate to the first to points of the “Expected School Wide Learning Outcomes” (ESLO’s). Point 1. Galileo Students are Effective Communicators that can make themselves and their ideas Understood. Point 2 Galileo Students are Critical Thinkers that can analyze and understand new ideas. Here are a list of points you can use in your reflection. You can use all or some, as long as you are reflecting on the first two ESLO’s
- Cooking with Chef Shane and the AHA
- Our trip to Sacramento with the AHA
- Our weekly hospital visits
- Our weekly college course Med Term and EMT
- Our PSA project
- Our mock interviews with resume and cover letter workshop
- Our Lecture from Dr. Padrone on professionalism
- Extra classes you took with CCSF
- Internships/volunteer participation
- Guest Speakers (Paramedic, Go Red for Women, Brittany Chiquata, Alan Wong MD/Author)
- Blood Drive Prep
- GHA Internship