- Sit next to a partner and move the desks as close together as possible.
- To learn how to use our video cameras
- To learn basic editing possibilities
- To learn how to upload video clips to your computers
- To learn how to import video clips to iMovie
- To practice basic editing
- Attendance and Reminders
- Med Term Quiz is on Friday.
- Get in your groups and move desks together
- Quick talk about the camera
- Receive a camera from Andy or Mr. McDowell (Be careful, these cameras are fragile
- Camera Lesson
- Video your team members
- Move over to lab benches with computer
- YouTube Lesson
- Upload/import video
- Editing exercise
- Return computer and camera
For this assignment you will be working with one other person.
- Watch the posted video and answer the questions on a single sheet of paper. Be sure your name and the name of your partner is on the paper.
Note: The answers to many of these questions might be obvious to you. Remember, some of your classmates have never edited a video before. Please be patient. If you know the answer, share what you know with your teammate. Also, explore the software a little.
You will be videotaping each other saying specific things into the camera. For this assignment to work everybody must participate and instructions must be followed. If you’re camera shy don’t worry, we will not be sharing the video with anybody. This is an exercise to show you how to use the video camera and the software to perform basic editing. Please do not work with anybody outside of your group.
- Student 1 – Record your partner (camera zoomed in) saying “1, 2, 3.” Stop the recording.
- Student 2 – Record your partner (camera zoomed out) saying “A, B, C.” Stop the recording.
- Student 1 – Record your partner (camera zoomed in) saying “4, 5, 6.” Stop the recording.
- Student 2 – Record your partner (camera zoomed out) saying “D, E, F,” Stop the recording.
You should have four separate clips.
Log On to your computer using your student account (SchoolLoop Login). This is important because the downloaded video clips need to be saved on your account. Download the video clips to iPhoto on your computer.
Import the video clips from iPhoto to iMovie. Edit the “123” video clip with the “456” video clip. Edit the “ABC” video clip with the “DEF” video clip.
Edit the new “123456” video clip with the new “ABCDEF” video clip using an interesting transition.
Audio manipulation. The audio volume in the “123” portion of the clip needs to be loud. The audio volume in the “456” portion of the audio clip needs to be soft. The audio volume in the “ABC” portion of the clip needs to be loud. The audio volume in the “DEF” portion of the audio clip needs to be soft.
Integrate audio sound or music in the background at a level that does not conflict with the audio of the video clip.
Create and integrate a title slide for the beginning of the video – something that is high school appropriate. If you have to ask the answer is NO!
Create and integrate a scrolling credit at the end that includes your team members names and what each member did. Make sure the scroll speed is appropriate.
If time permits, try creating something with the above mentioned video clips that is creative, crazy, or both. Be prepared to share the extra credit.