Letters of Recommendation Application
This year’s Senior class is outstanding (BEST EVER–ANDY WILL VOUCH!) and many of you have performed/participated in a way that is noteworthy. I cannot write as many letters of recommendation as I would like – there just isn’t enough time and it is all volunteer work on my part.
If you would like me to write you a letter of recommendation please read the following closely.
- I reserve the right to write anybody a letter of recommendation within or outside of this system.
- I will only write five letters of recommendation.
- If you would like to be one of those five, you must first apply to be selected. If you are not, please do not complain.
- To apply you must write an outline with the following information. (bullet points are acceptable). They must be emailed to me by Tuesday October 31st with “Letter of Rec Request” in the subject line.
- The name you are using in your applications to college.
- Any obstacles you have overcome while you were a student at Galileo.
- Relevant life info.
- Is a language other than English the primary language spoken at home?
- If your family considered “low income”?
- Do you qualify for the Federal Free Lunch program?
- If applicable, when did you immigrate to the U.S.
- What level of school have your parents completed?
- Are you the first in your family to go to college?
- Are you a native English speaker?
D. What you want to study and where you want to go to school and why on
E. What is your GPA?
F. What grade did you get in Med Term?
G. Why did you participate in the GHA?
H. Anything else I need to know.
I. Were you an intern or volunteer this last summer, if so – where?
If you apply for a letter of recommendation and you are not selected do not take it personally. I have limited time in my personal life to set aside to write these letters. It is not my job, it is a favor I am possibly doing for you. I will select the five applicants. It is always a good idea to have a backup plan if you are not selected.