Your junior year GPA is very important to your college applications next year. Please don’t let this easy final adversely affect your GPA. This assignment allows you to succeed while helping people that are less fortunate that you. Helping other people is our goal.
Hello GHA Students,
Some of you have been struggling with the creation of your storyboard. I have created a list of elements that I will be looking for when I grade your final (The PSA).
Remember we are trying to bring useful information to a young person that has or might be susceptible to the health topic you selected. So I will be asking the following:
- Does your PSA have the qualities to capture and keep the attention of a young person?
- Does your PSA bring useful information that is correct and data driven?
- Does your PSA express where the young person can seek help or further information on the health topic? Ie. A hotline, school nurse, specific organization, wellness center.
Also, it is important to remember the young person watching your PSA might not know as much as you do about your topic. Remember, you researched it. So I will be looking for the following:
- Do you define the problem – Data Driven
- Who is affected and why?
- How big is the problem?
- If you are seeking the extra points for a social justice connection you would need to show why one group is affected and make a fairness claim.
- What the viewer can do to not fall victim of this health issue (prevention) or how they can limit harm (risk or harm reduction) or both.