What is the Galileo Health Academy?
The GHA is a program designed to teach students science and to explore careers in the health field through hands-on education and cross-curricular assignments. GHA places students in an applied and engaging learning environment, which often improves academic performance and behaviors at school.
Who is involved?
The GHA is an ongoing collaboration between Science teachers and English teachers at Galileo Academy, The School to Career office of the SFUSD, City College of San Francisco, California Pacific Medical Center and Community Education Services.
Benefits for GHA students:
– Receive double high school science credit towards graduation.
– Receive 10.5 CCSF units by the end of the program.
– Receive child, infant, and adult CPR certification.
– Receive career/college counseling.
– Become eligible for paid internships at CPMC.
– Are part of a “small learning community”
– Cross-curricular assignments make learning relevant.