This assignment is due on Friday. If you have questions about how to use the magnet word tool see the list below or visit me in the classroom. This assignment is due on Friday.
I will be collecting the following on Friday.
- The article with the magnet words highlight or underlined – Hard copy.
- The list of magnet words. These are the words you highlight or underlined – Hard copy.
- Your rewrite of the article with your magnet words highlight within your rewrite. – Hard copy.
Steps for Using the Magnet Word Tool
- Find viable source. For this assignment, this step has already done for you (See CDC article below).
- Print Source (Hard Copy).
- Read the article once without doing anything but trying to understand it.
- Read the article again this time highlighting the magnet words.
- Create a list of all of the magnet words. A list of the highlight words in the order you they appear.
- Rewrite/paraphrase the article using all the magnet words. This is easier if you use the words in the order they appear on your list – though not always necessary to use them in order.
- Turn in the three items listed above.
*** Here is the article.
CDC IS OUR NATION’S PREMIER PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the nation’s leading public health agency, dedicated to saving lives and protecting the health of Americans. CDC keeps America secure by controlling disease outbreaks; making sure food and water are safe; helping people avoid leading causes of death such as heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes; and working globally to reduce threats to the nation’s health. When a national health security threat appears, CDC may not know right away why or how many people are affected, but the agency has world-class expertise to find out what is making people sick and what to do about it.
CDC is ready 24/7 to respond to any natural or manmade event. By connecting state and local health departments across the nation, CDC can discover patterns of disease and respond when needed. CDC monitors health, informs decision-makers, and provides people with information so they can take responsibility for their own health. CDC also trains and guides state and local public health laboratory partners to ensure that labs can safely detect and respond to dangerous health threats.
CDC works to strengthen local and state public health departments and promote proven health programs. Headquartered in Atlanta, CDC has a staff of more than 14,000 employees in nearly 170 occupations who work in all 50 states and more than 50 countries.
Magnet Words (Paragraph one)
Magnet Words (Paragraph two)
Magnet Words (Paragraph three)
Ms. Porras has given you an assignment. In preparation for Thursday’s class she wants you to watch this video.
Take notes on the video. I will be giving you a grade for complete notes.
Benefits: You will understand the lessons in Med Term. You will know a little more about one of the eleven organ systems. You will know more about the organ system that fails many of us in old age.
This is the link for the PowerPoint Presentation. Past the link into a browser window.
Make cards with words. Also, make cards with word parts.
If you are a poet, singer, songwriter, dance, artist, this might be for you.
Know these terms as well as the roots, prefix and sufix within each term.
To best take advantage of this list, make cards that have the following three things: 1. The word on one side of the card. 2. The definition of the whole word on the opposite side. 3. Each of the word parts need to be separated and their definition.
Hello GHA member. Here is the exit ticket we could not do because we ran out of time. Have it ready at the start of class on Friday 9-14-18. Please use complete sentences. If you write the answers or your thoughts out be sure to do so legibly. Don’t forget your name and period.
- Why are we cooking with the American Heart Association? Think bigger picture. Give two reasons.
- What herbs and spices on our list have you heard of before?
- What is the difference between an herb and a spice?
- Name three herbs and three spices that pair well with chicken and beef.
The link bellow opens a document contains concepts and terms you need to know to do well on the upcoming quiz.
Please complete this survey. We are counting on your opinion and input.
Loading…”>Click here for survey
Here is the first article. Drug use in SF…
Here is the second article. Gun violence…
Here is the second article. Tuberculosis…