Knowing the meaning of the following word elements can help you earn a high score on the Cardiovascular worksheets 1, 2 & and 3 quiz. They will also help you with the final cardio test. To take advantage of this study guide you need to know the meaning of both the word as a whole and the meaning of the word parts – Prefix, Root and Suffix.
** Note: Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death in the United States. If you enter the health care field it would greatly benefit you to know as much as possible about the cardiovascular system.
Occlusion, palpitation, infarction, pacemaker, hypertension, arteriorraphy, cardiotomy
Know these terms as well as the roots, prefix and sufix within each term.
To best take advantage of this list, make cards that have the following three things: 1. The word on one side of the card. 2. The definition of the whole word on the opposite side. 3. Each of the word parts need to be separated and their definition.
Dear Galileo Health Academy/CPMC Internship Applicants,
I am pleased to inform you that the following students have been selected to participate in the Galileo Health Academy(GHA)/CPMC Internship Program. All applicants were considered and all applicants did a wonderful job. A few students were not selected because of a summer schedule conflict. If your name is not on the list I will be happy to help you explore other options.
As an intern in the GHA/CPMC Summer Internship program you will be expected to:
– Abide by the schedule (Dates) of the internship
– Make the GHA/CPMC Internship daily schedule (the hours you are scheduled to be at the hospital) your top priority
– Abide by and follow all CPMC rules of conduct
– Work to maintain and develop a positive productive GHA community during your senior year. For example, if you have a free T.A. period you should give priority to the GHA – we sure can use your help and you can put it on a resume.
– Represent your name and the GHA to the best of your ability.
- Derrick Choi
- David Yu
- Harmony Huang
- Adan Meza
- Tina Xie
- Alice Ho
- Byron Flores
- Angelina Wu
- Daphney Xiao Yan Yu
- Danny Guan
- Denise Chen
- Tony Mai
- Anita Woo
- Wendy Guan
- Jia Jie Li
- Katy Wong
- Cheryl Liu
- Alice Wen
- Solangel Rostran
- Brandon Do
We have several thing you have to take care of over the next two weeks. More to come.
Check these out. The jobs, the money, the education.
This sounds like a wonderful event. These kinds of experience have great potential in helping you reach your goal or exploring your opptions.
I would like you to create two resumes. One resume that is current. Be sure to include your CCSF course work either completed or in progress. Second, I would like you to create a second futuristic resume that reflects what you would have accomplished after finishing up your Galileo Health Academy experience.
You can include the following.
1. Summer Internship Experience at CPMC.
2. Your trip to Sacramento advocating for health legislation for the American Heart Association.
3. Your CCSF Med Term and EMT course.
4. The blood drive you will conduct with the Blood Bank of the Pacific your senior year.
5. Remember, you would also have graduated from Galileo so put that.
6. Any Volunteer experience or extra curricular program or opportunity you participated in.
Printed copies will be due Monday morning.
The following web site is a resource you can use to create a proper resume.