Use a Google Doc to answer question found in this video. Be complete with your answers and keep a “growth mindset.”
Share the google doc with me. Put your period, last name, first initial PHVid in the subject line. Be sure to give me editing privileges. For example – 1 McDowell,R PHVid.
“In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment,” Carole Dweck Psychologist
Do even the littlest things with purpose and intention to learn…..
Do Now: Get a laptop, log on, open a web browser and open the following link.
As you watch the first story do the following.
- Create a story board (Squares on a paper/s – front and back) capturing the ideas having to do with the bacteria, how it spread, it’s signs and symptom and the immune response mounted against it. Leave out all other details. Keep in mind what you already know about the immune system. Remember to draw a 10 second picture in the squares of your story board and to have the text underneath. Do not copy the text on the video. Paraphrase using your own ideas.
- Note two ideas that are similar to the previous case – Influenza.
- Note two ideas that are different than the previous case – Influenza.
I realized I never collected your ESLO’s Reflection. Please read below.
- I will be collecting your reflections on your participation in the health academy over the last two years tomorrow and how they relate to the first to points of the “Expected School Wide Learning Outcomes” (ESLO’s). Point 1. Galileo Students are Effective Communicators that can make themselves and their ideas Understood. Point 2 Galileo Students are Critical Thinkers that can analyze and understand new ideas. Here are a list of points you can use in your reflection. You can use all or some, as long as you are reflecting on the first two ESLO’s
- Cooking with Chef Shane and the AHA
- Our trip to Sacramento with the AHA
- Our weekly hospital visits
- Our weekly college course Med Term and EMT
- Our PSA project
- Our mock interviews with resume and cover letter workshop
- Our Lecture from Dr. Padrone on professionalism
- Extra classes you took with CCSF
- Internships/volunteer participation
- Guest Speakers (Paramedic, Go Red for Women, Brittany Chiquata, Alan Wong MD/Author)
- Blood Drive Prep
- GHA Internship
Create a Poster that shows all of the acronyms and abbreviations used in the six patient assessments. Make sure you know what the words mean. For example in D.C.A.P.B.T.L.S., C stands for contusion. Make sure you know what a contusion is. I have included a few examples of projects to help you understand the assignment. Do to Learn, not to get it done…..
After clicking, make sure to check your downloads to see the file.
Hello GHA Students,
If you are interested in hosting a visiting 8th grade student and having him/her shadow you please see Bai Zhen in the counseling office. This is a great opportunity to help one of your future underclass-persons.