Movie from “Great Movies” List
IMDB has a list of 250 favorite movies of all time. You can choose one of the movies from this list that was made before 1970!* After watching this movie write between 700-1,200 words:
- Give your views of the Acting; the Writing; the Directing; the Art Direction; the Camera Work; the Editing.
- Comment about the style of the movie and the choices made by the director and other creative participants.
- Look on the Internet — What do critics and fans say about this movie? Why do they say this movie was so popular or so well-made?
- This movie was made in a different time (before you were born). What does the movie tell you about the time and place when it was made?
- What is your opinion of the movie? How does this movie compare to current movies you’re used to seeing.
- IF YOU WRITE THIS COMPLETE AND THOROUGH IT WILL COUNT FOR 5 OUT-OF-CLASS HOURS.
* WHY PRE-1970 MOVIES? First, the IMDB list is skewed (biased) toward more recent movies. Many recent movies that are on the list would not be on such a list 50 years from now. Second, part of this is to get students to see movies they might not ordinarily see.