What’s Expected on Website Project
Each team needs to have:
- TECH LEAD — this person doesn’t have to do all the coding on the site, but is responsible to see that the coding is completed and correct.
- DESIGN LEAD — this person doesn’t have to do all the design/graphics work on the site, but is responsible for seeing that everything is done and looks good.
- PROJECT MANAGER — this person is responsible for keeping a spreadsheet on googledocs that charts (1) which team members worked on what aspect of the project on each class day; (2) what was completed (or what percentage of work is completed at any given point).
- Each website must have:
- Five pages linked to each other; these will be designed from one template
- Design of the website should demonstrate principles of layout and design; user-friendly design; good use of “screen real estate” for text, images, white space; effective color choices; consistency of images and design elements
- Rollover buttons that are visually effective
- Stylesheets that are used consistently across the pages
- Either Flash or Photoshop to illustrate how the invention works (your website must have at least one Flash animation used appropriately)
- An ad campaign with three advertisements that use the same logo, same catchphrase, similar visual look