Write About a Director
- Information about the director’s life: born, died, education, other jobs, awards?
- What were influences on this director’s work? Who did he/she learn from? How did he/she become a director?
- What was this director famous for? What types of movies? What style or genre? What makes this director’s work identifiable?
- What did critics say about this director’s work? How did this director’s work influence current movies? Talk about some current movies that reflect this director’s work.
- What do you think about this director’s work? What do you like or dislike? Does some of it feel old-fashioned and dated? Does some of it feel timeless?
- Choose a short clip (3 to 5 minutes) from one of the director’s movies to show in class. Explain to the class why this clip represents the director’s style.