Proposal for Video
Choose ONE of the questions below and write approx. 100 words to answer:
- What’s the most important thing you learned in the last year?
- Talk about a time you lost someone or something precious to you
- What scares you?
- What issue is so important to you that you’d be willing to go to jail for it?
- Talk about someone who was a major influence on your life?
PROPOSAL FOR DOCUMENTARY (non-fiction):
- TOPIC: What is the subject of the video?
- QUESTION/CONFLICT: What question will you be exploring? Or what conflict will you be explaining?
- WHO TO INTERVIEW: What people (or groups) will be interviewed to help tell your story?
- WHAT QUESTIONS: List the questions you will ask these interviewees. Make sure they are active questions.
- WHAT SCENES: What locations or things or activities will you be videotaping?
- OUTLINE: Describe each sequence in order from beginning to end
PROPOSAL FOR FICTION VIDEO:
- SUBJECT: What is it about?
- CHARACTERS: List and describe the characters
- CONFLICT: What is the dramatic tension? who vs what?
- RESOLUTION: How does the dramatic tension resolve? The conclusion? The climax?
- OUTLINE: List the sequences