Goal: To apply the basic Photoshop skills learned in week one, at the same time developing aesthetic appreciation. These skills are:
- Using pixels (72ppi)
- Color Picker
- Brush Tool
- Marquee Tool
- Edit > Transform (scale, rotate)
- Type Tool
- Layer Styles
- Image Search
- Insert Image
- Using Filters
Photoshop — new file 400 px wide X 200 px ht. Create a Galileo Logo.
- 15 pt – Size is correct 400 px X 200 px
- 20 pt – File is named correctly: 5lastnamefirstinitialgallogo; no spaces, all lower case. File is handed is as a GIF (not PSD).
- 20 pt – Photograph is inserted correctly, not distorted, filter applied
- 20 pt – Word(s) are readable against background, at least one layer style used (no more than two).
- 25 pt – Combination of letters, image, colors, patterns makes a visually pleasing design.