Designing Your Website in Photoshop
- Go to machtayh > dropoff folder. Get the file called “webpagelayout” and drag it onto your desktop or your account.
- Open this file in Photoshop.
- Open the file you created for page header/logo. Drag that logo onto webpagelayout.
- Apply the background for webpagelayout. Remember you can create a small image, select edit > define pattern, then use the paintbucket to fill the entire background with that tiling image.
- Then insert your menu. Make sure it is easy to read and easy to find.
- Position the text on “Sample Article” layer. You can make the column any width you choose. (You can change typeface to either Trebuchet, Verdana or Times New Roman.)
- Position the text on “Sidebar” layer. Make it distinct from Article.
- Use any or all of the images provide, or add some of your own. But keep in mind — the page will look better with pictures that either have matching width or matching height.
- DESIGN IN BOXES! Line up the width of elements or the height of elements. It will be easier to construct the site this way.