Book Cover — Monochromatic
The class will begin by designing book covers for THE ODYSSEY by HOMER (600px Ht X 400px W).
- Search for images for ODYSSEUS. Consider other searches, for instance “Ancient Greece.”
- Combine at least 2 different images in design.
- Use 3 separate text layers for “The” “Odyssey” “by Homer”
- Make it MONOCHROMATIC (Mr. Machtay will demonstrate).
You will use Photoshop to design a book cover, 600px Ht X 400px W, save as a JPG.
- Select a book you read for English class this year or last year.
- Search for appropriate images. Do NOT use photos from movie version of book.
- Combine at least 2 different images.
- Place text on separate layers where appropriate.
- Use design principles: balance, emphasis, harmony, contrast, etc.
- Means ONE COLOR. Everything in the image should be in one color family — change the tint or shade of the color, but stay within that HUE.
- One way to achieve this… DESATURATE the images. Then select IMAGE > ADJUSTMENT > COLOR BALANCE and choose the same level of color balance for each element in your design.
DUE END OF BLOCK DAY 3/16-17