Artist Reports, part 1
Due on Tuesday October 4
WRITING IN BULLET POINTS: Eventually your words will go into a PowerPoint presentation. Do NOT write in paragraphs. You don’t even have to write complete sentences. BULLET POINTS are “headlines,” key pieces of information.
- No more than 40 words per slide
- No more than 5 bullet points per slide
- No more than 12 words per bullet point
Your grade depends on following these guidelines. Your challenge is to COMMUNICATE THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN BULLET POINT FORM.
- Artist’s background and important information about artist’s life
- How did this person become an artist? (Who? What were influences? Art schools? Mentors?)
- What was this artist famous for? (Medium? Style or school of art? Subject matter? Contributions to the history of art?)
- Select two important pieces of artwork created by this artist (two different pieces). List the name, date, type of media used. Why is this work considered important (in art history)? Why is it good? Or interesting? (2 slides)
- What did critics/art historians say about this artist? What did the artist say about their art?
- What are your opinions about the artist’s work? What do you like? Don’t like? Why?