You will make a Flash animation showing a moving vehicle. A MOVIE CLIP animation of wheel rolling will be inserted into your animation. You will show movement two ways: background image is still and foreground image moves to the right; foreground image is still and background image moves to the left.
- Create a Circle; add spokes, hubcap, etc. Save it as a graphic symbol called wheel.
- Insert > New Symbol > Movie Clip called rolling.
- In Timeline of symbol rolling, position graphic wheel. Place a keyframe on frame 12 (frame 1 and frame 12 are the same).
- Then keyframe on 3, rotate 90-degrees clockwise. Keyframe on 6, rotate 90-degrees clockwise. Keyframe on 9, rotate 90-degrees clockwise. Then apply motion tween to layer.
- Even with only one frame in the movie, symbol rolling will turn. (Make sure you’re using symbol rolling and not graphic symbol wheel.)
- Place rolling symbol on two different layers. Then add a layer for car (or skateboard or cart or skates or any other wheeled vehicle). Make sure to group vehicle and make it a library graphic symbol.
- Move both wheels and vehicle together — each on its own layer. Have them begin offstage to the left of stage.
- On frame 60 add keyframe and move all three symbols to middle of stage.
- On frame 90 add keyframe and keep all symbols same as on 60.
- Then on frame 120 add keyframe and move all three symbols offstage to the right of the stage.
- Keyframe on 60 & do not move background.
- Keyframe on 90 & move background all the way to the left.
- Keyframe on 120 & do not move background.