“I Am” Poem
Write a poem by filling in the following blanks:
- I am ________.
- People think I am ________.
- When I was younger I was ________.
- Someday I will be ________.
- I believe ________.
Then translate the poem into visual storytelling. You may create:
- Flash animation, each line should have its own scene.
- Series of Photoshop images, set of 5, 800px w x 600px h. Include the words on each. You can create pure artwork or use pics of yourself (Photobooth?) to create visual montages.
- Studio Art using tempera paint, oil paint, oil pastels or pencil, series of 5.
For your grade: Show effort/technique. Was it all simple, plain, easy? And COMMUNICATE!
- If in Photoshop, did you just slap down a picture and put words over it all on one layer? Or was there design involved? Did you combine multiple pictures? Use layers, lasso, clone stamp? Use filters, layer styles?
- If in Flash, did you just put words floating over a geometric shape? Communicate something! Use your images to mean something! Use library symbols and tweens!
- If on Paper, think through the design. Make the page look good, use the space well, select appropriate colors.
- Most of all — Communicate ideas!