Flag and Money: Functional Design
Flags represent countries (also states, organizations, etc.). Paper money represents value. What are the design needs for each of these?
Create your own country. You will make 3 Photoshop files each 600px wide x 300px height.
FLAG (save as GIF)
- Most of the time made out of cloth
- Solid blocks of color
- Shapes and colors represent (something)
- No gradients, no photographs, no drop shadows (How would you reproduce these in cloth?)
MONEY (2 files, front and back save as JPG)
- Include name of country, denomination
- Picture (of person?) on front; picture (monument or land?) on back
- Biggest concern is counterfeiting, reproduction
- Complex patterns, gradients, textures (to make it difficult for counterfeiters)