Brooklyn Webpage, part 2
- In designing Brooklyn webpage in Photoshop remember ALIGNMENT. (It will be easier to construct if you line up elements on the page.)
- Under View in Menu Bar select Rulers. Rulers will appear.
- Under Photoshop in Menu Bar > Preferences > Units & Rulers. Use drop arrow to change top setting from Inches to Pixels.
- Now place guidelines from ruler at the left, right and top of each column. Check the exact sizes of the images on the page.
- Take JPGs in images folder and change them to the exact sizes used in your page design. (Mr. Machtay will demonstrate some easy ways to approach this.)
- CSS-P is based on constructing boxes (DIVs) on the page, and placing content in these boxes. To prepare for CSS-P write down each Div, the left indent (how far from 0 on X axis), the top indent (how far from 0 on Y axis), and the width of the column.
All of this should be done before Thursday’s class.