Design with Type

For examples go to: www.machtay.com/designtype.html

Save each logo as a GIF

Place them in folder named 5lastnameschools.

ASSIGNMENT BELOW:

You have four different clients that need “Brand Identity” for their schools. Each wants to have a logo that reflects who they are. Remember, your design will have to work blown up very large on the front of the school building. It will also have to work in a small size on school gym shorts and polo shirts. (Choose 4 schools out of the 5 below.)

• You will create 3 logos for each of the 4 schools. This means a total of 12 logos.
  • Make a Photoshop file 400px x 400px for each of the schools. (You can add to length if your designs take up too much space.)
  • No pictures, but you can use shapes.
  • You are using TYPE to create the DESIGN (and the client identity).
  • Mr. Machtay will give lesson on LETTERSPACING (Kerning). Make sure you take care with spacing between letters.
  • Due Friday, April 27.

Make sure you get the full school names correct and that capital letters are used appropriately for…

• SnobHaven Academy for Proper Young Ladies & Gentlemen
    Very expensive with a long history of spoiling the children of the ultra-rich. They want everyone to know that they have a lot of money.
  • Frederick Douglass Bayview School
    Progressive school formed by teachers who left the mainstream education system. This school teaches liberation and self-reliance, with student voices encouraged.
  • Oldenburg Institute of Fashion & Design
    Very difficult to gain admission, a very prestigious school for young artists and designers. They need a graphic identity that will convey how impressive and artistic they are.
  • Learn thru Play Pre-School
    They want a graphic identity that is welcoming to parents and appealing to little children. Bright colors, playful shapes or letters would be appropriate.
  • Einstein Science Institute
    Students in this school take Calculus and Physics Freshman year and advance from there. Most graduates go to Stanford or Berkeley or MIT.