Create a new, original movie. It must be a “period piece,” either set in the past or the future. Come up with:
- Movie Title
- Actor(s)/Actress(es) (at least two)
- Slogan for Movie
You will then proceed to create three different posters for that movie (same title, same slogan, same stars for all three posters).
- Include at least three images: two actor(s)/actress(es) and some setting/background.
- Include Title, Actors’ Names, and Slogan. Remember Hierarchy: Title of movie is most important.
- Do not use cartoon images. You need to show Photoshop skills with images.
- Take care in cutting out images as neatly as possible. Keep images in proportion.
- Use Filters, Layer Styles and Layer Masks.
- Give client different options. Don’t use the same typeface or same colors on multiple movie posters, show variety.
- Fill the space! Use the space well. Don’t leave a big chunk of empty space unless it is well thought-out and purposeful.