IMPORTANT: You will be handing in layered PSD files! Your grade will be based on (1) how realistic the picture looks, and (2) how neatly and carefully you did the cut-outs (that’s why you’re handing in the layered file).
Part 1: IMAGINARY LANDSCAPE
- Combine at least three different pictures of landscapes — mountains, forests, waterfalls, buildings, cityscapes, meadows, beaches, etc.
- One of those three pictures has to be from the San Francisco Bay Area
- Do not use pictures of objects (no planes, no cars, no boats, etc.)
- Make sure the lighting matches between pictures (you can’t combine a night picture with a day picture, avoid weird lighting)
- Make sure the angles of the pictures work together (if one picture is looking down from above, you can’t combine it with a picture that’s looking up from below)
- PSD 600px wide by 400px ht (you will hand in a layered PSD file so Mr. Machtay can check how neatly you cut out images)
Part 2: TWINS PROJECT
- Combine a picture of yourself with another picture of yourself
- If the two pictures were not taken in the same place, make sure the lighting matches (direction of shadows?)
- Make sure the angles of the pictures make sense (looking down? looking up?)
- Make sure the larger image is in front!!!
- PSD 400px wide by 400px ht (you will hand in a layered PSD file so Mr. Machtay can check how neatly you cut out images)