1 Word + 1 Image (Part 2)
You will choose three words from the list Ms. Lau gave you:
For each word, make a new Photoshop file that is 400 pixels wide by 600 pixels high.
- Find one image online that you feel represents the word.
- Choose a color for the background.
- Use the Type Tool to write the word. Choose a typeface, color and size you think looks good.
- Use Layer Styles on the word (drop shadow or bevel or inner shadow, etc.)
- Design each poster to look nice. Are you making good use of the space on the poster?
HANDING IN YOUR PHOTOSHOP WORK
There are 3 types of files we will use in Photoshop:
- .PSD has layers. You can work on it and make changes. It is a large file. You cannot use a .PSD on a web page.
- .JPG can be used on a web page. A .JPG file can have millions of colors. If you have a photograph or a painting you want to save it as a .JPG.
- .GIF can also be on a web page. A .GIF file can have up to 256 colors. It is good for words or simple signs.
You have been working on a Photoshop .PSD file. To save it as a .JPG file:
- In the Menu Bar choose File > Save for Web & Devices
- Choose JPG. Choose 30 quality.
- Name your files 3 last name first initial class project (for instance, 3machtayhposter1.jpg)
- For this project put all 3 JPG files into a folder. Name the folder 3 last name first initial posters.
Your need to put finished work into the drop off folder
- In the Menu Bar choose Go > Connect to Server
- Type in smb://10.63.11.6
- Choose pickupdropoff
- Choose machtayh
- You cannot open the drop off folder. Drag your work over the drop off folder. There will be a plus sign. Then a message saying that your file is in the drop off folder.