THE FINISHED PRODUCT: When this animation is competed you should have the following layers (from bottom to top):
- background (not animated)
- face (not animated)
- lefteye (symbol “eye” motion tween)
- righteye (symbol “eye” motion tween)
- leftpupil (symbol “pupil” motion tween)
- rightpupil (symbol “pupil” motion tween)
- mouth (no symbol shape tween)
- leftbrow (no symbol shape tween)
- rightbrow (no symbol shape tween)
- Add on anything you choose: hair, antennae, ears, nose — the more you animate, the more interesting you make your movie, the better your grade
INSTRUCTIONS: You will animate a face, showing different facial expressions.
- Leave the bottom layer for background. You can work on this later.
- Rename the first new layer “face.” Create an oval shape. Adjust the shape using the Arrow/Selection Tool (as Mr. Machtay will demonstrate to class). You don’t have to put this in the library — it will not be animated.
- On another new layer create a white oval for an eye. Group this and save to Library as a Symbol called “eye.” Name this layer “lefteye” and position the symbol “eye” where appropriate.
- Create another new layer and name it “righteye.” Take the “eye” symbol from the Library and place in position on this newest layer.
- Do the same with a symbol called “pupil” (this is the dot in the eye). Use one symbol on two different layers.
- Then create a layer called “mouth.” Use the line tool to make a mouth. But DO NOT put this in the Library. This will not be a Library Symbol. (Shape Tween)
- Continue with two eyebrows (each on its own layer). What else can you add? Hair? Antennae? Nose?
- Complete the face with a background. Your grade will be better if you create a scene with a story instead of just shapes moving on the screen.
- Animate facial expressions. Have the eyes go narrow, then wide. Have the pupils look to the left, then right, then up, down and center. Have the mouth go from a smile to a frown to a curious expression. You can even experiment with animating hair. Tween everything. Use your creativity and your imagination.
- Add in background on the bottom layer. Create something interesting, not just geometric shapes.
Hand in SWF file not FLA.