Working with Photoshop, you know how…
- to choose colors and paint a background
- to insert images and use filters
- to use layer styles
You will make three Banners for Galileo. Each banner will be 400 pixels width by 300 pixels height, and include…
- a photograph of a lion — use filter on the photograph
- the word GALILEO (or you could write GALILEO ACADEMY) — use layer styles on words
- use the colors purple and gold, or purple and orange, along with white, black and gray
- design the banners so they look good; for instance, (1) make good use of the space, left and right, and (2) don’t put the words over the lion’s eyes
BANNER 1 will be a banner for the football team. This should have bright colors. The design should be bold and fun.
BANNER 2 will be a banner for the principal’s office. It should have colors that are more subdued, less saturated, and not as bright as the first banner. The design should look professional and serious.
BANNER 3 will also be a banner for Galileo. But for this banner you will make your own design as you like it.
After the Banners are completed…
- Save each one as a JPG
- Name the files 3lastnamegalbanners1, 2, 3 (galbanners)
- Put the three JPG files in machtayh dropoff folder
- Write three sentences using these sentence frames:
- On the first banner I chose the background color __________ and the font __________ because…
- On the second banner I chose the background color __________ and the font __________ beecause…
- On the third banner I chose the background color __________ and the font __________ because…