Autobiographies & Design Principles
- You will design four different covers for an autobiography (your life story)
- Each will demonstrate a different design principle
- Each one will be 400 pixels wide by 600 pixels high
- Save each one as a JPG and submit in a folder named 2lastnamedesigncover
Choose a title for the book. It can be about your life now (“The _____ _____ Story” or “Story of a San Francisco Teen”) or it can be about you in a future (“My Life as a Movie Star” or “How I Conquered Mars”). Same title for all four book covers.
- BOOK COVER 1: Design this so it uses colors in HARMONY, one color family, everything matches and goes together well (examples: everything in shades of blue, everything in “earth tones”).
- BOOK COVER 2: Design this so it uses colors in CONTRAST, colors that are very different and pop when used together (examples: yellow and black, blue and orange, red and light green).
- BOOK COVER 3: The design for this cover will demonstrate BALANCE — your eye goes equally to the left and to the right, to the top and to the bottom, everything is in balance.
- BOOK COVER 4: The design for this cover will demonstrate EMPHASIS — your attention is drawn to one particular part of the design.