Step-by-Step Instructions, 3rd period
In a few weeks this class will have a test to see how well you can follow step-by-step instructions in English. We are starting now to prepare for this test.
For the test you will be given a sheet of paper with step-by-step instructions for work in Photoshop. You will not be permitted to use Google Translate or Translate.com. You will not be permitted to use your phones to help translate. You will not be permitted to ask your classmates for help.
NOTE: WHEN YOU HAVE MARCHING ANTS AROUND A SELECTED SHAPE, you need to deselect the shape. Click on Command-D or Apple-D to Deselect.
For today, please put away your phones. Please do not use a translation website. Practice following the step-by-step instructions you are given by the teacher.
- Start a new file in Photoshop, 400 pixels width by 360 pixels height
- Paint the background layer Green
- Insert a new layer; name the new layer “square”
- Use the Rectangular Marquee tool to draw a square on this layer (hold down shift so the shape is a perfect square); paint that square Blue
- Use edit > transform > rotate to rotate the square 45 degrees, turning it into a diamond shape
- Insert another new layer; name the new layer “circle”
- Switch to the Elliptical Marquee tool to draw a circle on the layer (hold down shift so the shape is a perfect circle); paint the circle Orange
- Now move the “square” layer on top, so that square is in front of circle
- Now select the Type Tool and write the word “Galileo” — it will automatically be on a new layer
- Select the typeface Helvetica; make it 48 points; select a Light Grey color
- Apply Layer Styles to the type layer; select Inner Shadow and Outer Glow