Why am I changing around the curriculum and having you work on the Interview Video now? In order to do the Interview Video you will have to put in OUT OF CLASS HOURS — and a lot of you need those hours.
JOBS FOR INTERVIEW
- Director: Decides where everyone will be, supervises.
- Cameraperson: Operates the camera.
- Sound Person: Attaches microphone, listens through headphone while recording.
- Wrangler: Finds the next person to interview, makes sure interview subjects have release forms, keeps area quiet/ undisturbed.
STEPS IN THE PROCESS
- Topic is EDUCATION
- Develop three ACTIVE QUESTIONS:
- Questions that cannot be answered with Yes or No
- Questions that will get a variety of answers
- Questions that will sequence together into one coherent video.
EDITING THE INTERVIEW VIDEO
- Group all of the first question responses together; same with second and third question.
- Find the ESSENTIAL words that the person says (you can edit out words in between).
- Put the responses in a sequence that make sense — find a strong opening and a strong closing for your video
- You need B-ROLL/CUTAWAYS so we’re not just looking at moving mouths.