Book Cover/Layer Masks
All of your Book Covers will be 400px wide by 600px height, saved as JPGs. On Friday, hand in a folder called 2lastnamebooks. This folder will include one book cover design for “The Odyssey” by Homer and three cover designs for another book — a book you read in English class in the last two years.
Mr. Machtay will take you through the process of designing a book cover for “The Odyssey.”
- Do a Google Image Search for “Odysseus” — this is the main character of “The Odyssey” and this search will not give you pictures of mini-vans.
- Do Google Image Searches for “Ancient Greece” and for “Map of Greece.” Collect images you can use on your book cover.
- Mr. Machtay will review how to do Layer Masks. Use a Layer Mask on each of the covers you design this week to receive a full grade.
- Choose a book you read in English class over the last two years.
- You will make 3 cover designs for this book.
- It cannot be a picture book or a book of manga.
- Do not search for the title of the book. If you search for the name of the book you will get other book covers. Do NOT use these.
- Do image searches for the topics and locations of the book.
- Do not use cartoons or drawings. Use Photos or Paintings.
- Each book cover design must use Layer Masks.
Due this Friday at the end of class.