There are two written assignments and a test that will count as one “assignment” for the second marking period grade.
VISIONS OF LIGHT
Those students who did not go on the field trip watched the movie “Visions of Light.” You were asked to write about two things you learned from this movie. Very few of you handed this in.
ARISTOTLE & THE MOVIES
You learned about Aristotle’s Poetics and his principles of drama. You were asked to write about a movie you like and describe:
- How is the beginning something “you don’t need anything before this.”
- How is the end something “you don’t need anything after this.”
- Who/what is the protagonist.
- Who/what is the antagonist.
The written test will have essay questions about principles of editing you learned from the movie “The Cutting Edge.” Plus there will be some short answer questions about using Premiere Pro and the video equipment.
EDITING PRINCIPLES ON TEST
You should be able to explain the following:
- Parallel Action (Edwin S. Porter)
- Invisible Edit (D.W. Griffith)
- Montage (Russian — Kuleshov, Eisenstein)
- Classic Hollywood Edit (studio system, America 1930’s/40’s)
- New Wave (France & USA)