Your web1 folder
You must rename your web1 folder to 5lastnameweb1
What goes into your web1 folder:
- The following HTML files need to be in your web1 folder:
- The following JPGs/GIFS need to be in the images folder inside your web1 folder:
- one of your Name Banners (600px x 200px)
- one of your Galileo Banners (400px x 200px)
- your completed colortable.gif
- your completed Imaginary Landscape (as JPG)
- your completed Twins Picture (as JPG)
- all of your completed backgrounds (bg1.gif, bg2.gif, etc. all as GIFs)
- When you type in a web address the page that will automatically open is index.html. This will be your main page, and this is the page you’ll be working on now.
- You have worked on various Photoshop files as PSDs. Now save your Imaginary Landscape as a JPG; save your Twins Picture as a JPG; and save Colortable as a GIF. Place these three files (the JPGs and GIFs) inside the images folder that’s inside your web1 folder.
- Images are not embedded in a web page, they are linked (this is why keeping everything in the same folder is so important). To link an image in an HTML page you use <img src=”(pathway to image here)”>. When writing the pathway to your image you must include the folder it’s in, for instance images/colortable.gif.
- You must link your webpages together. There are links at the top of the right-hand column of index page. To write the link <a href=”(name of page to be linked)”> (this stands for anchor hypertext reference). At the end of the link you must put a close link tag </a>. Link each of the other html pages you worked on to the index page; this will include: color.html, tiling.html, and stylesheets.html.
- Go to the <body tag near the top of index.html. Add an attribute and value for a background image <background=”images/(name one of your bg GIFs)”>. You created a series of GIF images used as backgrounds on tiling.html. Choose the one you like best as background for your index page.
- Insert stylesheets into the head of your index.html page. Create a style for “p” that you would like for the text on the page.
- Write an essay 100-200 words long titled “If I could speak to 1,000,000 people…” and talk about what is important to you and why.