Starting a Project in Adobe Premier Pro
- 5th period will use odd-number computers and cameras from 101E. 6th period will use even-number computers and cameras from 101B.
- We must make sure all SD Cards are marked with camera number. If you remove an SF card to insert it into a computer, make sure you return the SD card to the same camera.
- Log in to computers as “guest user.” Video files are too large for our school network.
- You will place all your files in “workspace” (each computer’s hard drive is partitioned between Hard Drive and workspace).
- Create a folder for the current project/team. Make sure the name is easy to understand and find in the future (winterball16, psa_eslo_team11, etc. Do NOT use spaces or special characters in folder or project names). Inside that folder you will create four sub-folders: project, video, stills, audio.
- UPLOADING FOOTAGE: When you insert a memory card into a computer, you will upload the footage to iPhoto. Then you will move the clips into “video” sub-folder of your team folder. Then you will move the footage from the video sub-folder to the “media bin” of your project. (When you log out of the computer, anything saved as “guest user” will disappear. But anything saved in “workspace” will remain.)